Author Topic: Brand Loyalty  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Graham UK

Brand Loyalty
« on: July 01, 2022, 11:29:55 AM »
I understand brand loyalty, but lets not do ourselves a dis justice (No-Names) by having blinkers on to what is available new from other brands.
Its competition pushes manufactures of different brands to provide better products for all to enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:35:43 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline EileenL

Re: Brand Loyalty
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 12:49:57 PM »
I think most people do shop around for what is out there and do try other keyboards.
I myself have had Technics, Korg and now Yamaha. I also judged the after service these people gave and what they did in the way of software.
Speaking only for Myself I chose to stick with Yamaha as I found there products suited my needs. That is why I started my own Yamaha forum and have been a member of this one for a very long time.
  I wonder how many people who seem to be going mad about the new Korg on here will buy one rather than hoping Yamaha will copy them and add the same features.
  I for one would not like this as each has there own merit and who want's all different manufactures to produce the same thing. Its pointless.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 01:27:47 PM »
Of course there are people who are brand loyal. But not everyone is that… fortunately. Otherwise there would be little competition, which would be detrimental to consumers. This may be based on an emotional or rational consideration. People will often choose, with the head or the heart, on the basis of a consideration that is most satisfactory to them. That is why it is sometimes difficult to discuss this, especially if one wants to convince the other person of his/her choice. With regard to, for example, a keyboard choice: it is very personal and often people do not know/hardly know why someone comes to that choice. That is not necessary and adds little. Treat each other with respect with the choice someone has made.
Where people generally talk about brand X or brand Y, it is of course best to discuss it on the basis of available data. That in itself is also quite fun and interesting. After all, making music is of course the icing on the cake, with whatever brand  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 03:11:03 PM »
For many years all of this forum members are loyal to Yamaha, right ?

The reason is very simple and true.

Since 2002 Yamaha were the most successful arranger keyboard manufacturer, worldwide.

For more than 20 years Yamaha are the market leaders.
They make the best and newest arranger keyboards ever.

That situation will not change in the near future.

Regards, JH

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:36:22 PM by Jeff Hollande »

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 06:57:52 PM »
Back in 2004, I just happen to see Gary Diamond’s website with his song postings using a PSR-3000. If he would have been playing a Korg or some other keyboard, I would probably sought out that brand. As it was I picked up on Ebay a used PSR-2000 and found the PSR Tutorial site.

Don Mason posted some of his songs here with his PA900 and at the time the vocal harmony was superior to the Yamaha harmonizer (VH). I might have switched to a Korg for that reason but before my PSR-2000 gave out, Yamaha had updated their keyboards with their VH2 (issue solved).

When my keyboard finally broke down in 2012 and having made over 200 custom song styles I could not justify a need to switch brands. Nowadays with the technology at such I high standard with these keyboards, I can’t HEAR any big difference over the Yamaha brand. 

Yamaha has also added the toggle to their new keyboards too.

Perhaps cost may enter the picture when choosing your keyboard more so today.

Don Mason recommended I get a Maui 5 PA and add that to my PSR keyboard. That sure made a huge difference to the sound quality output of what my keyboard could actually produce at my gigs.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 07:28:35 PM »
I too am a Yamaha fanboy but do welcome the competition as of recent. PA5X and the medelli, this shows that Yamaha isn't alone in the game and pushes them to be better. The CP stage pianos? They are very similar to the Nord layout which I personally think is more user friendly than what they had originally. Sad to see Roland with their current poor arranger lineup, the E-80 was a monster back then, now I don't think they're even trying anymore.

Offline karl28

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 09:46:14 PM »
I've recently bought a cp73 for when I'm on the road to use as a stage piano & it's amazing! Genos on the top.