Author Topic: PA5x 12 minutes demo  (Read 3153 times)

PA5x 12 minutes demo
« on: June 30, 2022, 12:55:59 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Rick D.

Offline Rick D.

Re: PA5x 12 minutes demo
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 01:28:06 PM »
The Korg has some nice features missing from the Genos, but I still think the sounds on the Genos are far superior.

Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »
I'm neither convinced by the sounds.

I wonder if chords are pre-programmed in this demo.

Otherwise the Korg's "AI Full mode" algorithm (which detects the current chord) is very very powerful allowing the live player very complex counterpoints.

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 01:57:22 PM »
The Korg has some nice features missing from the Genos, but I still think the sounds on the Genos are far superior.

Rick D.

Yeah this is my take also, the korg sounds tinny/doesn't sound "warm/full" IMO and the styles don't really sound realistic though they only gave us like 20 seconds total spread out across the official video from KORG YT. Looks like they added performance pads ala Fantom while adding a LED strip to show what the sliders are controlling ala Genos. What's really cool is the ability to play 2 styles and crossfade them!

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 12:13:48 AM »
OK, I've had many fun hours in the biergarten, but this demo is not helping me evaluate the Pa5x.  :) It's no wonder that sites like MusicRadar put arranger keyboards down.  ::)

I'll keep looking and listening, but if you're interest in funk, R&B, gospel, etc., this video ain't gonna help you out.

-- pj

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 12:55:16 AM »
I've watched several of the demos and sadly yet have to be impressed. I had a PA3x for several years and whilst there was much on it to enjoy the sampling was a nightmare to use, the orchestral sounds were amazing ( they always have been on Korg models)  but most importantly the transition between style sections never ever worked smoothly..I've tried the PA,700 and 1000 and 4x and amazed nobody ever mentions it...it's so smooth on the Yamaha range something they always Excell at and on my SX900 just wonderful. Also still no wav recording !!! Why not ? Polyphony 160 !!! Better than 128 but come on £3500 plus for a 61 note arranger !!! I would need far far more than this offers and although the styles have been reworked..they are not in the main new.... I'll stick with my SX thank you which I adore ..Yamaha 10/10. And Korg hmmmm a 7 at best

Offline Ingar

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 07:44:02 AM »

Rick D.
I think it must be possible to tweek the sound to what one like. Something else had been strange. That was also the case with my beloved Genos. But 61 Keys sounds tempting.
IS
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:45:49 AM by Ingar »