Author Topic: Korg PA5X  (Read 20277 times)

Re: Korg PA5X
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2022, 07:45:02 PM »
I wonder why this thread did not deserve to be pinned on top. It has more postings and has a better title than the silly "This is the Real Deal Trade your Genos for You Know What!!!" thread !
Maybe it's because the postings to this thread show Korg in a positive light while the other thread was started by a "Yammy" biased OP?
Just wondering?
Uday
 :)
What's wrong with having a bias for Yamaha keyboards? Especially if you own a Yamaha keyboard and your posting on a Yamaha forum, seems like a no brainer to me. :)
Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2022, 08:39:06 PM »
My experience is I have a Genos and a Pa4x, each has their own strengths but if someone said you have to give one up it's either the Genos or the Pa4x I would give up the Korg Pa4x.  I enjoy both boards but I've been partial Yamaha since the early 2000s.   I will say had this been 5 years ago and Korg released an 88 key arranger with a piano keyboard touch I would be in line to purchase one.  5 years ago I played more gigs but no longer play nearly as many so it'a moot point to get an 88 key arranger for gigging.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:44:07 AM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2022, 10:23:49 PM »
IMHO it is a smart idea to add an 88 k arranger.
Very interesting for piano lovers, home players and ... some giggers too.

Hard to believe Yamaha will ever do that. See CVP.
And what about a 61k high end arranger ?
Only Yamaha can answer this question.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 10:38:06 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2022, 11:42:47 PM »
I wonder why this thread did not deserve to be pinned on top. It has more postings and has a better title than the silly "This is the Real Deal Trade your Genos for You Know What!!!" thread !
Maybe it's because the postings to this thread show Korg in a positive light while the other thread was started by a "Yammy" biased OP?
Just wondering?
Uday

Well, first off this POST is listed under the GENOS category. So right off from the start this POST is in the wrong section of the Form (and should have been moved a long time ago). ;)

Secondly this is a YAMAHA HELP BOARD and not a Korg help board. In fact I don't believe anybody here really gives a rip about a Korg keyboard OR they would be at the Korg keyboard forum (wherever it is or even if there is one). ;D

What is the point of posting a Korg thread here at PSR help forum other than to BASH Yamaha keyboards?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 11:46:11 PM by DrakeM »

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2022, 01:07:41 AM »
It's called NEWS, and believe it or not, there are both Genos & Korg owners here, so, in fairness to all, let there be peace, and enjoy both keyboards to their fullest extent, as both are superb, having features that are unique to each, all brilliant!
Uday

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52, soundphase

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2022, 03:09:10 AM »
It's called NEWS, and believe it or not, there are both Genos & Korg owners here, so, in fairness to all, let there be peace, and enjoy both keyboards to their fullest extent, as both are superb, having features that are unique to each, all brilliant!
Uday

http://www.korgforums.com/forums-frame.htm

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline mikf

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2022, 08:19:17 AM »
The reason there are many posts here about the PaX5 is that Yamaha owners are interested, simple as that. It doesn’t mean there is Yamaha bashing, or people recommending changing brands, just information. Most of us are neither Yamaha” people or Korg people. We are arranger players who chose Yamaha at the time of purchase. This is where we come for help on that brand, - we remain with that brand until we don’t, - it’s not a religion.
BTW, to my point about new buyers choosing more keys over less keys, - I read somewhere this morning that the 88 key versions sold out immediately at one large dealer. There will always be some who need a smaller size TOTL keyboard, or who are just financially pressed and want the small cost saving. But overall I think if you offer people an identical full,size, TOTL keyboard over a mini keyboard, both at quite high and not very different cost, many will choose the larger one. I think this 88 key arranger from Korg is a great marketing decision, and a larger Genos might well be the response from Yamaha.
Mike
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 08:26:27 AM by mikf »

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

Offline ton37

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2022, 08:41:12 AM »
This I posted at the category: Forum comments and suggestions:

Looking at the PaX5 discussions and topics I suggest a extra/new category 'KEYBOARDS OTHER BRANDS'

My thinking:
maybe it would be a solution if the respected Joe W. would add 1 category to the forum like eg: KEYBOARDS OTHER BRANDS . Then one can post there and possibly respond to keyboards of another brand, whether or not related to a Yamaha keyboard. Forum members who are not interested can simply skip this category or not read/respond. Don't forget that there are also plenty of members who play a Yamaha and a Korg! Also easier for the moderators to move topics about other brands. On the other hand, the 'real Genos Yammies' seem easily annoyed when another brand is mentioned or discussed that rival the Genos. Such a category prevents this, because it is not posted in the category of, for example, the 'Genos'. They simply don't have to read along, ie. to respond.
Just my 2 cents
My best regards,
Ton

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2022, 09:14:32 AM »
Hi Guys :

The reason why most of us are talking here about the present competition's keyboard is quite simple, IMO.

This new born arranger looks to be an interesting arranger keyboard and ... available very soon in 3 different sizes ( 61, 76 and 88 keys ).
I have seen a couple of video's but I would like to express my personal conclusions in 3 months from now, after receipt of reactions given by endusers.
I have NO intention to buy this keyboard. I would prefer to wait.

Being Yamaha loyalists and players for many years, we are hoping for an answer asap.

However, the answer will not come this year  ... BUT ...it will create an earthquak in the arranger keyboard's business next year.
It will be a typical, reliable and high-quality Yamaha product, as usual ( the 2025 technology included ! ).

It is not easy for me ... but I need to be patient.  ;)

JH
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:25:44 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline mikf

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2022, 09:20:35 AM »
Re an additional category - Frankly, it makes no real difference. People can ignore individual posts just as easily as ignoring a full category, if that is what they want to do. Most people read this forum anyway by scanning down the opening page which contains posts in order of time/date posted,  rather than in categories.
In the long run it is useful and tidier to have categories, especially when looking back for historical posts, but these statements, often almost indignation, because of a post being in the wrong place, or that mentioning other brands is akin to a mortal sin, is just something to ignore
There really is not much posted about other brands on this forum, except in situations like now ie a high end new model is introduced by another brand and interest is high. And it will be short lived, doesn’t justify setting up a category.
The one area I do take exception to is in posting recordings. I think they should largely be on Yamaha arrangers, unless posted for the specific purpose of comparison, or making some other technical point.
Mike
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:38:45 AM by mikf »

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline ton37

« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2022, 10:54:53 AM »
Thanks @Mikf for your quick reply, luckely my advise costs me only 0,02 cents  ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 10:57:23 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2022, 02:14:07 PM »
We need to look at the big picture instead of trying to see where certain posts and topics "fit" (or not!) on this forum.

We have just come through three years of a **** hole called "Covid." Now, we have yet another Adolf Hitler who thinks his rights as a human being come before everyone else's in the world. Most countries are suffering ridiculous inflation and gas prices. The fact that Korg introduced a new arranger is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. We know Yamaha has big plans. For us, the 5X is a temporary device to appease our curiosity. Based on the number of posts on this forum, I'd say it's working as most of us eye the 5X, while conjuring up the funds to be ready when Yamaha launches their new Genos.

The world moves forward thanks to people who dare to dream. Let us all dream of a new arranger in peace.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: Eric, B, wersianer

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2022, 03:07:25 PM »
We need to look at the big picture instead of trying to see where certain posts and topics "fit" (or not!) on this forum.

We have just come through three years of a **** hole called "Covid." Now, we have yet another Adolf Hitler who thinks his rights as a human being come before everyone else's in the world. Most countries are suffering ridiculous inflation and gas prices. The fact that Korg introduced a new arranger is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. We know Yamaha has big plans. For us, the 5X is a temporary device to appease our curiosity. Based on the number of posts on this forum, I'd say it's working as most of us eye the 5X, while conjuring up the funds to be ready when Yamaha launches their new Genos.

The world moves forward thanks to people who dare to dream. Let us all dream of a new arranger in peace.

Lee kudos to you for your statement! You speak the truth!

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2022, 06:38:14 PM »
Thanks, Stephen :D.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.