Author Topic: Keyboard Split Points?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Keyboard Split Points?
« on: July 10, 2022, 04:41:20 AM »
On my Genos, the Split Point & Fingering display never shows R1+R2 like the screenshot shows on page 49 of the Owner’s Manual. Is this a property of version 2.11 of the firmware? Or is there some setting I need to change to see this?
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Re: Keyboard Split Points?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 08:03:52 AM »
On my Genos, the Split Point & Fingering display never shows R1+R2 like the screenshot shows on page 49 of the Owner’s Manual. Is this a property of version 2.11 of the firmware? Or is there some setting I need to change to see this?

Do you have all the split points set as shown in the screenshot? And do you have Acmp, Left, Right1, Right2, Right3 selected?
Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 01:05:23 PM »
The display will show how you have the keyboard set. Are you having problems with it. If so what are they.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 01:31:29 PM »

The display shows the split points for the current state it’s in. It’s always been this way, and has nothing to do with the OS version.

ACMP, R1, R2 and R3 must be on to see all the split points.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 01:38:52 PM »
The keyboard parts need to be actually turned on to show at top right of the screen. For example make sure you turn on R1 and R2 and R1+R2 shows. If you additionally add R3 so all RH parts are now on you should see R1+R2+R3. On mine it happens regardless of status of ACMP or Left voice (or whether full keyboard or not).
John
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:08:52 PM by jwyvern »

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 11:15:53 PM »
Thanks, everyone. That’s what it was. I needed to have all the voices turned on to see them in the display.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22