Author Topic: Korg pa5x 1st Official Demo (18 mins)  (Read 3536 times)

Offline marcodg

Korg pa5x 1st Official Demo (18 mins)
« on: June 29, 2022, 10:51:11 AM »
Hello everyone,
Today is a really good day and good news is there with the fist demo of the next Korg pa arranger keyboard. I own both Yamaha and Korg keyboard and i must say the pa5x look really come with new interesting features  ;D
Here is the link https://youtu.be/jP_D0YU2gFk

Kind Regards
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

The following users thanked this post: soundphase

Re: Korg pa5x 1st Official Demo (18 mins)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:45:36 PM »
Dear Marcodg,

I have a Genos and before I had many Korg worships (the last was Pa3x).

I had seen that video carefully. Frankly I don't see anything really exiting, at least for peoples who have Genos and used to have Pa3x or Pa4x. 90% (or even more) of the features presented in the video could have been said when presenting previous Pax models or Genos.

IMHO the real special features of Korg (top of the lines) are in the enormous power to modify the styles with simple and easy tools.

Just to give a few examples about Korg:
-one can modify the octave of each style part (very important for pads and organs);
-for each DRUM variation you can instantly modify the basic mood ("Drum mapping") among 7 available (from very soft to very sharp), while in Genos you may only modify step by step, event by event, which requires a lot of time; In this same page ("Drum mapping") you can instantly modify Kick and/or Snare for each track;
-while editing a style you can MUTE all tracks but the one you are working on (in Genos this feature is available only in Play mode);
-one can save a lot of time by copying, deleting a single track in all variations or all tracks in one variation;
-Harmony ("Ensemble" for Korg): you can assign it to EACH part (Right voice) separately (while on Genos you may choose from all parts together to one part only)
-and many others.

It's just a small example of what I mean "powerful", about Korg.

Ciao,

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 02:15:22 PM »
Official Pa5x demo June 30th 2022

https://www.crowdcast.io/e/3aqehhnk/register

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 02:13:39 PM »
Dear Francesco,

your Italian name.....

Where are you? I see you are a composer: do you have your own web site, or Facebook?

I'm a little curious about...

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 07:11:51 PM »
I would like to see Yamaha implement better Style making
Korg has an advantage of making Styles from midi easy i hear.
Korg PAX 5 does a good job with pianos and organs but the rest is not as good as the dear old Genos
Morphing between styles looks good.
After hearing a lot of demos , I am sticking with Yamaha :) and Cubase 12
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 07:13:34 PM »
Dear Francesco,

your Italian name.....

Where are you? I see you are a composer: do you have your own web site, or Facebook?

I'm a little curious about...

Ciao

Hi     To me he sounds like a Racing Driver ::) ;D

Angelo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 07:15:18 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 12:21:33 AM »

Certainly a good sounding instrument -- one would hope so for the price.

I like the sound of the drum kit during the rock / live guitar demo. Slammin'.

Nothing to make me ditch Genos, overall sound-wise. In fact, I doubt if I'll ditch Genos gen 1 for Genos gen 2 when Yamaha finally release it. Did Coltrane keep changing saxophones?  ;D

All the best -- pj