Author Topic: Chord looper right hand riff  (Read 2170 times)

Offline chadsolo

Chord looper right hand riff
« on: June 28, 2022, 11:20:53 AM »
This hasn’t worked for me but does anyone know how to get chord looper to record both the chord sequence and a right hand riff/note sequence…I have tried and all I get is the chord progression (I assume thats how it works and that’s all that’s possible but I would love to have both in the loop )

Offline EileenL

Re: Chord looper right hand riff
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 12:32:15 PM »
Chord Looper dose what it says it loops Chords. This leaves you free to play along using both hands for you melody line.

Offline chadsolo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
Thanks for that, I assumed that was the case. I thought there was a slim chance may be more functionality as in the way of loop pedals that allow multi layered loops, so one could overlay and embellish the style before any melody playing.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 01:52:38 PM »
What you want is a Multipad, not chord looper.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline chadsolo

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 10:30:51 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I have a CVP 809 and multipad is not available but I suspect from delving a bit deeper I may have to go down the Style Creator rabbit hole to generate the multi layered sounds first before recording the loop. 

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 11:05:22 PM »
If similar to a Tyros or Genos you should be able to record a midi song on your CVP eg with LH chords and RH riffs, then when you play it back it also sends the chord data (for example it is possible to have the song play back live a different style from the one recorded). So you may be able to get what you require by working with midi songs rather than chord looper (which is of limited use IMO) .
John
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:09:25 PM by jwyvern »