Author Topic: Program long break  (Read 1707 times)

Offline hella737

Program long break
« on: June 27, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »
Hi, hope someone can help out with breaks inserted in registrations.

The problem: Using the Break button only makes a fixed length of the break.
In for example the song Speedy Gonzales there are repeated full bar breaks.
How can I accomplish this to be assigned to one of Registration buttons?

Than you in advance.
Best regards,
Helge

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Program long break
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 11:00:33 AM »
Create a Multipad which has the pattern length that you want.

Cheers,
Fref
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: hella737

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:27:06 PM »
I went and listened to the Pat Boone recording of the song. There are a couple of different length breaks in the song.

What I would do, if you are wanting to perform this song live, is to find a SFF1 style that has a ONE measure Ending not a break. So, download the styles from the Tyros (1) forum page and find a style with a ONE measure ending that fits (there will be several you could use).

Next you would then expand that Ending to FOUR measures. This would result in hearing the ending played 4 times. You would then DELETE the notes in each of the tracks in the last 3 measures using the Style Creator program on your keyboard. You can do this by using the EDIT tab.

If you find that the style is LOCKED you will need to UNLOCK the style using this program.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stun/index.htm

Following this method you will have created a Break that is 4 measures long and this will allow you to jump back into the song when ever you want to. As some of those talking parts could very in length as they at not set to the music at all.

I have used this method a couple of times myself to create a break that requires two measures. ;)

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:29:31 PM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: hella737

Offline hella737

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 02:35:56 PM »
Hi, and thanks for helpful replies.

I will try both ways and see which one works best for this song.

Regards,
Helge
Best regards,
Helge

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 02:36:15 PM »
I have noticed you are new and may need help finding the styles. Here is a link to where you can get the Tyros styles:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/tyros.html

You will need to click on each of the words: BALLAD   BALLROOM   COUNTRY   DANCE  LATIN ... etc  to get all the styles which are in individual zipped files.

Regards
Drake

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Oymmot

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 07:18:09 PM »

Hi.
Do not know if I understood the problem correctly.
Use the Memory Buttons and place a button on one of the Main 1,2,3 or 4th with all volumes turned down and when you feel like it use another memory button to return the sounds. Then you have unlimited breaks. No given lengths, no style change but use any style to get breaks in the music exactly how long you want.
Tommy
Tommy Ölin
E-post: tommy.sune.olin@gmail.com

Offline hella737

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 12:24:39 AM »
Looks like there are different way to do this. I have been trying out ways to do it.
I already have the downloaded the T5 styles, but thanks for the links.

The postings here are very helpful for learning numerous things not mentioned in the manuals.
Not wasting time trying figure out these things already dealt with here the more playing music time   :)

Thanks for the replies to all.

Regards
Best regards,
Helge