Author Topic: Expansion pack converted to styles and voices  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Sukanta

Expansion pack converted to styles and voices
« on: June 27, 2022, 09:16:29 AM »
My dear all respected members,
I'm new in this World, playing sx900 for the last six months, enriching my knowledge from you. We know that expansion memory of sx900 is limited to 1GB. If I want to install a new expansion pack (after getting full memory in previous installation), I have to delete one or few expasion pack from YEM. Is there any way to save styles and voices of the existing expasion pack to usb or internal memory before formatting with new expansion pack?

Offline DerekA

Re: Expansion pack converted to styles and voices
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 09:29:50 AM »
You can save the styles, and you can save the voice files - but you *cannot* save the expansion sample waves.

This means that after you've uninstalled the packs, any voices or styles which used those expansion sample waves will substitute another sound for the missing one.

It is not possible to save the expansion samples anywhere other than the dedicated expansion memory.

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 10:42:18 AM »
You can save the styles, and you can save the voice files - but you *cannot* save the expansion sample waves.

This means that after you've uninstalled the packs, any voices or styles which used those expansion sample waves will substitute another sound for the missing one.

It is not possible to save the expansion samples anywhere other than the dedicated expansion memory.
Thanks for your reply... :) :)
If I copy all styles and voices of an expansion pack to a usb drive, will the styles be playable with the same voice (after deleting the expansion pack)?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »
If the style uses a voice from the expansion pack - it will still play, but *not* with the same voice (since the wave sample isn't there any more)