Author Topic: Deleting expansion packs from the PSR-SX  (Read 1453 times)

Offline DaPaleRider

Deleting expansion packs from the PSR-SX
« on: June 22, 2022, 07:21:20 PM »
Hi all,

My question is simple. How do I delete expansion packs from my PSR-SX900 ?
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline overover

Re: Deleting expansion packs from the PSR-SX
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 10:19:56 PM »
Hi DaPaleRider,

The easiest method is to format the internal User drive. This will delete all data in the User drive including the "Expansion" folder. The Wave data of the installed Expansion Packs is still in the Expansion Wave Memory, but the Expansion content cannot be accessed anymore. (The Expansion Memory is formatted automatically during the next Pack Installation.)

Please be sure to have a backup copy of import data before formatting the User drive!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 11:35:48 PM »
Chris,

Wouldn't the next pack installation, as you mentioned, take care of deleting the existing expansion packs in user memory? Why take the extra step of formatting the whole user drive? What would be the issue with the wave data still being in there? Does that wave data take up a lot of memory? You are more technically knowledgeable than me, so just trying to learn.

Rich
SX900, MODX7+

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 02:37:54 PM »
Just load in a different pack and your old packs will be gone. Is there a reason why you want to get rid of the packs you have loaded. No need to format the user drive as you may have others things saved on it. and you would lose them all.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively