Author Topic: Linking Multipad with registration files/buttons  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Sukanta

Linking Multipad with registration files/buttons
« on: June 21, 2022, 11:27:15 AM »
Dear my all respected members,
I've been using sx900 since January'2022. Last week I learned how to create registration for a song. I was able to link style, voice, mixer, tempo etc. to a registration button. There is also a check box for multipad in the memory button. But, selecting a multipad and using the same process as for styles, voices I've failed to link multipad to a registration button. Please help.

Offline EileenL

Re: Linking Multipad with registration files/buttons
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 11:39:03 AM »
You must select the Multi Pad you want to use and save it to the registrations and then resave the registration bank bank. This will then play the pads you have chosen and not the default ones. I use this method all the time. If using third party styles you can of course save a set of multi pads into the OTS of a style so that every time you use a certain style it will have the multi pads you want.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 11:07:55 AM by EileenL »

The following users thanked this post: Sukanta

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 11:56:50 AM »
You must select the Multi Pad you want to use and save it to the registrations and then resave the bank. This will then play the pads you have chosen and not the default ones.
Okay Sir, I'll try. Thanks for your early reply. :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 01:22:57 PM »
Dear my all respected members,
I've been using sx900 since January'2022. Last week I learned how to create registration for a song. I was able to link style, voice, mixer, tempo etc. to a registration button. There is also a check box for multipad in the memory button. But, selecting a multipad and using the same process as for styles, voices I've failed to link multipad to a registration button. Please help.

I expect you did link the multipad in the registration. If it loaded when you loaded the registration, it's linked. Once loaded, you can play any multipad manually by pressing one of its buttons.

If you want the multipad to play automatically, you must syncstart it. Just like syncstarting the style. Ensure the multipad button is flashing when you memorize the registration. Then it will start when you press a chord in the left hand.

Finally, there's no need to "resave" the multipad. Once saved, you don't have to resave it unless you've changed it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 06:31:10 AM »
I expect you did link the multipad in the registration. If it loaded when you loaded the registration, it's linked. Once loaded, you can play any multipad manually by pressing one of its buttons.

If you want the multipad to play automatically, you must syncstart it. Just like syncstarting the style. Ensure the multipad button is flashing when you memorize the registration. Then it will start when you press a chord in the left hand.

Finally, there's no need to "resave" the multipad. Once saved, you don't have to resave it unless you've changed it.

Cheers,
Fred Yes, I can now able to link it with registration memory button (say, 2). But, when I switch to registration no. 3, it continues to play. How to overcome it?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 12:49:41 PM »
You need padstopper: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsHi9Gh31gfOitRSLrai_l9m_jdoCA?e=V4Ok6s

Load it in reg 3.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 07:05:21 AM »
You need padstopper: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsHi9Gh31gfOitRSLrai_l9m_jdoCA?e=V4Ok6s

Load it in reg 3.

Cheers,
Fred
Thank you Sir. It's working.... money can't buy everything also cannot purchase knowledge. Thank you so much. :)

The following users thanked this post: Whitecolin11

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 07:58:30 AM »
Thank you Sir. It's working.... money can't buy everything also cannot purchase knowledge. Thank you so much. :)

Glad I could help.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ