Author Topic: Copy One Registration Memory into Keyboard  (Read 1486 times)

Offline MCammuso

Copy One Registration Memory into Keyboard
« on: June 16, 2022, 04:08:22 PM »
Is it possible to load/copy a single Registration Memory without loading the entire Registration Bank? For example, copy Memory Button 2 from a non-loaded Bank into the keyboard Memory Button 4. I'm trying to use a previously saved registration in a new registration bank without having to change all the settings manually.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Copy One Registration Memory into Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 04:23:32 PM »
Is it possible to load/copy a single Registration Memory without loading the entire Registration Bank? For example, copy Memory Button 2 from a non-loaded Bank into the keyboard Memory Button 4. I'm trying to use a previously saved registration in a new registration bank without having to change all the settings manually.

It’s possible, but not without loading it.

1. Load the source bank.
2. Press the button you want to copy.
3. Load the target bank; do not press any of its buttons.
3. Press Memory, ensure the groups you want memorized are checked, press target button.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 04:29:12 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, MCammuso!

After the steps mentioned by Fred, don't forget to save the target registration bank again.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: henny

Offline MCammuso

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 06:13:11 PM »
Thank you. That'll save me a lot of work!

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 12:04:39 AM »
At first I didn't understand this question but now I do, including Fred's answer. It may be similar to a question that I had floating around in my head.

My question is: instead of using the Playlist feature, is it possible to create what I will call a "Favorites Bank" where one can copy selected individual button numbers from various unloaded banks? It sounds like this is possible by simply loading in each source bank, choosing the source button you want to copy, then load in the target "favorites" bank and Memory save it in your target "favorites" bank? Keep doing this until you have your "Favorite Bank" filled up.
SX900, MODX7+