Author Topic: Floppy drive emulator  (Read 1318 times)

Offline franksboard

Floppy drive emulator
« on: June 19, 2022, 06:23:11 PM »
i am trying to understand how to use my floppy drive emulator .it says converting disks to usb stick,but how do you just send midi files and keyboard format styles to usb and calling it up on keyboard.i have an older piano with floppy drive and just trying to make it easier to load files and love my Genos and Technics KN7000
keyboards.Just wish on Genos a way to improve sound quality when using MP3 files
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 07:51:43 PM by franksboard »

Offline overover

Re: Floppy drive emulator
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 07:03:18 PM »
Hi franksboard,

A floppy drive emulator replaces the original floppy drive in older keyboards (that didn't yet have a USB-to-Device terminal). To do this, the desired files (e.g. the contents of floppy disks) are copied to a specially formatted USB stick on the computer. Then you connect this USB stick to the keyboard's floppy drive emulator.

All newer keyboards, such as Genos, have a USB-to-Device terminal. So all you have to do is copy your MIDI files on the PC to a USB stick. If you have MIDI files on floppy disks, you will probably need an external USB floppy drive that you connect to the computer to copy the files from the floppy disks to the computer and to the USB stick.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 07:06:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Toril S

Re: Floppy drive emulator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 10:42:37 PM »
Floppy disc drives can still be found. I had to buy one to transfer files from my old keyboard.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page