Author Topic: Any way to separate Ez play type song books  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Oldden

Any way to separate Ez play type song books
« on: June 17, 2022, 08:06:39 AM »
My wife plays on my Genos a bit but her eyesight is not too good so I have printed out some of the EZ play type books for her. But some of the songs neither of us know and it’s crazy to print those songs out. So is there any software to easily extract some of the songs individually from several of the books and make it into a collection of her favourites which I can print out for her.

Offline Oldden

Re: Any way to separate Ez play type song books
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 08:10:33 AM »
Just an addon, I mean PDF versions of the EZ type books, mostly from this site.
Oldden..

The following users thanked this post: Ray

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 08:16:47 AM »
Hello,

I suppose the EZ books are PDF files ?
When printing on your PC you can select the pages you want to print.
Or
You can even print some pages to a PDF file (Choose PDF instead of your printer).
Once you have the seperated PDF files you can combine them to one PDF file.
I do this with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended.
Or
you can make screenshots on your PC and crop the images in Photoshop.
Then scale them to A4 format for printing or print the pages with the scale to Media option selected.

Regards
Etienne
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:21:32 AM by vlbrgt »
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Oldden

Offline pmahl

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 09:37:48 AM »
Hi
I have divided the sheet music books I downloaded from this web page into the individual songs. I did this with the software "PDF24" (=freeware). Of course I had to enter the song titles manually (there is also a function in Word to copy the title from the table of contents).
Here you can download the music book "Easy-Play Speed Music Feelings No. 42" as an example.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlTwkHoKnu1pqTwMosLE8zrNyTUh?e=jPZm2G

Peter
Peterm

The following users thanked this post: jes826, Jacob, Oldden, Duffy, Roshure

aprilla

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 08:37:41 PM »
What I do is open the PDF book, then click Print. But don't print yet, in the Print dialogue box  use the preview to go through the pages and take a note of the song(s) you want to print and their page numbers (the print page number often isn't the same as the actual page number). Then for a song that is starts at page 15 and ends at 18 I put 15-18 in the Range box, now you can print just those pages. If there are several songs in the book you can type something like 15-18, 20-21, 32-34 etc in the Range box.

It sounds more complicated than it actually is, but does take a little getting used to. If you want to compile a list of favourite songs and message that to me I'll put a book together for you to print out.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:40:15 PM by aprilla »

The following users thanked this post: Oldden