Author Topic: Expansion packs  (Read 2372 times)

yamr1

Expansion packs
« on: June 14, 2022, 06:14:30 PM »
Hi, I've recently acquired a tyros 5 TRX system and would like to add some expansion packs.

The previous owner had some custom voices for the lower keyboard and pedals in the expansion folder.

Would I lose these by adding the expansion packs from Yamaha and if so is there some way of preventing this?

Offline overover

Re: Expansion packs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 07:56:32 PM »
Hi yamr1,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Installing new Expansion content will delete all previously installed Expansion content. Only if you have the original installation files (.ppf or .cpf) of the previously installed Expansion Packs you can reinstall them via the Expansion Manager (YEM) with the new Packs. (Installed Expansion Packs/Voices CANNOT be "extracted" from the keyboard.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 07:57:56 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

yamr1

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 05:40:41 PM »
Hi. thanks for the reply.

That is what I thought. I believe there is a USB stick that came with the TRX  when it was new containing the registrations but unfortunately I didn't receive it.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 11:36:48 PM »
Hi. thanks for the reply.

That is what I thought. I believe there is a USB stick that came with the TRX  when it was new containing the registrations but unfortunately I didn't receive it.

Thanks for your feedback, yamr1!

If you did not receive the USB stick with the TRX software, I would contact the previous owner again about this. He may have "forgotten" to include the stick...

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 12:47:03 PM »
You could probably purchase one from Music Land as they produce this special USB but I believe it is a bit pricey.