Author Topic: Tyros 5 not allowing folders to be deleted  (Read 2095 times)

trecker1247

Tyros 5 not allowing folders to be deleted
« on: June 28, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »
I have been using my T5 for a few years now so have done this many times.

Today i am trying to create a new STYLE GENRES Folder for storing specific genres for use at a later date.

I have created a folder on my Windows computer and transfered STYLES into it and then on into USB1

I decided to do it a slightly different way and went to delete both from the keyboard and then via the computer a i thought that might be the problem but neither way will let me delete the folders.

I then created the Folder on the T5 - went back to computer to transfer files over - same thing - unable to delete folders either way.

Am i missing the point somewhere or should i be doing this in a completely different way.

When i first put a collection of STYLES into the T5 via USB from the computer  it all worked fine so i am not trying to do anything that i haven't done before.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Tyros 5 not allowing folders to be deleted
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »
You should be able to delete the folders either way.

What happens when you try to delete one? What process are you following? What message do you get?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

trecker1247

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:38:30 PM »
Hi Fred,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
On the T5 is the following
Press delete - goes to checking for a while then goes to Disk Error - Press OK and then goes to blank screen at which point i have to turn the keyboard off in order to get back to the screen before deleting.
On the computer - it will just not delet the folder. Contents yes but not the folders.
Weird!!! or what.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 12:00:15 AM »
Hi Fred,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
On the T5 is the following
Press delete - goes to checking for a while then goes to Disk Error - Press OK and then goes to blank screen at which point i have to turn the keyboard off in order to get back to the screen before deleting.
On the computer - it will just not delet the folder. Contents yes but not the folders.
Weird!!! or what.

Sounds like you have a faulty USB stick. I'd get a new one, format it on the keyboard, and copy everything you can from the old to the new.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

trecker1247

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 08:00:25 AM »
Thanks Fred. I'll check that out.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 11:44:27 AM »
When deleting Folders on the keyboard you press Delete first and then highlight the folder and OK it.