Author Topic: Hi everyone, from Dupe  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Dupe

Hi everyone, from Dupe
« on: June 12, 2022, 09:55:14 PM »
Thanks for letting me join your forum. I'm coming 76yrs old in July, and I retired from electronics. Many years ago I had organ lessons (electronic organs were popular back then) but before long their popularity wained when portable keyboards took over. I got myself a Casio CT470 which sounded great and took up no room a tall. A few years ago I lost the use of my right hand_wrist and fingers, so the Casio was abandoned. While listening to piano music on youtube during the first covid lockdown in isolation, I listened to a left-handed pianist, this guy was just totally amazing! If he can play with only one left hand, then maybe I can get back to playing again with a good left hand and two fingers on my right, first and second. The Casio came out of hibernation and with determination I practiced every day.
However, it was time to move on!  The Casio lacked many features and styles compared with more recent tech-packed instruments. My local Yamaha dealer demonstrated the PSR SX700, this is an amazing keyboard, I had to treat myself, so here I am spending more time playing with the buttons, than playing music! Just struggling with setting up the registration bank, so may call upon you guys for help at some point. In the meantime enjoy every moment. Regards Dupe

Offline tomtomsf

Re: Hi everyone, from Dupe
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 10:10:52 PM »
Welcome, Dupe! Awesome story!
You will have a great time with your SX700. Are you still able to play with your left hand only?

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 11:05:23 PM »
Hi Dupe,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I'm sorry to hear about your disability.  I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your new PSR-SX700 keyboard here on our forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 107,570 song titles in 2,810 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Dupe

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 01:20:07 PM »
Welcome, Dupe! Awesome story!
You will have a great time with your SX700. Are you still able to play with your left hand only?

Tom G.
I
I play chords using my left hand, fingers 1 & 2 on my right play the melody or the first and third notes of a chord.
Thanks for reply

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 05:08:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dupe!  :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Dupe

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 05:45:06 PM »
Thanks to all for their welcome messages and kind words.
Regards Dupe

Offline Lionel N

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 08:23:09 AM »
Hi Dupe !

A very unique story and a "never let go" spirit !
Congrats to you and enjoy your new keyboard.

Lionel

Offline Richard Kent

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 11:38:44 PM »
A warm welcome to this fabulous Forum, Dupe.  We look forward to hearing some of your favorite songs.

Richard Kent

Offline Alistair53

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 10:27:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum Dupe!
PSR-SX900

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 10:12:43 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Dupe!

Have fun and continue to enjoy your SX700.

All the best from Germany,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)