Author Topic: Lester G pedal  (Read 1918 times)

Lester G pedal
« on: June 11, 2022, 01:00:36 PM »
Hi all,

I'm going to try out a Lester G pedal for my Genos so that I can achieve a far better chorus and Leslie effect than Yamaha provides. I need to know how to integrate it into the Genos. I saw a video on YouTube by Soryt but the explanation on how to hook it up was not clear - perhaps due to translation to English.
I appreciate his efforts and demo but I need a better procedure description.

Thanks all!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline StuartR

Re: Lester G pedal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 04:42:45 PM »
Hi all,

I'm going to try out a Lester G pedal for my Genos so that I can achieve a far better chorus and Leslie effect than Yamaha provides. I need to know how to integrate it into the Genos. I saw a video on YouTube by Soryt but the explanation on how to hook it up was not clear - perhaps due to translation to English.
I appreciate his efforts and demo but I need a better procedure description.

Thanks all!

Hey Lee,

I used this method with a Neo Ventilator and it involves inserting the pedal stereo signal into the particular Genos part (I used R3 for this). This method used stereo cables and registration routing changes.

I found a slightly simpler and even better sounding approach using the B-3X Hammond organ IOS application on an iPad Mini. This requires one stereo cable and a USB midi cable interface. You still need to pick a Genos part (R3 in my case). It's not perfect due to some lingering multitasking glitches in IOS 15 but really sounds great.

Stuart.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 04:45:48 PM by StuartR »

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:35:09 PM »
Great. Thanks for the help, Stuart!

Is that app available for a Samsung Android?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 05:39:37 PM »
Great. Thanks for the help, Stuart!

Is that app available for a Samsung Android?

Unfortunately it's only IOS-based. In my case I had already purchased a used iPad for use with another IOS-only app, Songbook+ that I used to display lead sheets and switch the Genos to the corresponding registration for live play.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 05:41:31 PM »
Thanks. I often regret not putting out the extra cash for an iPad instead of the Android. The Android is garbage in comparison. Strange really, since Samsung make the best TVs!

Offline StuartR

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 08:32:39 PM »
Thanks. I often regret not putting out the extra cash for an iPad instead of the Android. The Android is garbage in comparison. Strange really, since Samsung make the best TVs!

Apple has always had a better audio and midi subsystem due in large part to their totally controlled and limited hardware infrastructure. That's the only reason I'll use an iPad for music production. In this case, using the B-3X application, no matter the platform, is IMHO the best choice if your goal is getting the most authentic Hammond and Leslie emulation. My bandmates noticed the difference immediately when I switched from the Genos organ sounds to the B-3X.