Author Topic: musescore  (Read 1791 times)

Offline john1509

musescore
« on: June 07, 2022, 12:51:36 PM »
hi just wondering is anyone using muse score on there iPad? i have just subscribed to it and it keeps telling me this score is not available in you country when i search for a score. also it keeps freezing.... my iPad is unto date  on the ios 15.2 . i have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same. any help would be appreciated thanks

Offline andyg

Re: musescore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 02:26:42 PM »
The 'not available in your country' message usually means that there are copyright restrictions. Most likely that in 'your country' the copyright for that piece of music is held by a party other than the one who has made the music available through musescore.

It happens on all the commercial music sales websites as well - most annoying, and you have to to find a work around!  ;)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 02:47:32 PM »
John, I'm in Canada and have used Musescore for the past 10 years or so. I create my own charts from an empty template. You should be able to manually input your notes, chords, and lyrics, and then Export the newly created score to a PDF format for display on your iPad - regardless of country. Andy is 100 percent correct about the copyright issue if you try to import a score. I've never done that. In fact, I didn't even know you could!

I tried to upload a sample PDF but this forum software won't allow it!! How dated is that?? Instead, I uploaded a picture of the score ::)!! The score contains the chords and riffs I need. You should be able to create a similar score for yourself, anywhere in the world.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 08:54:25 PM »
This is a glitch in the app. My app does not freeze though. I get this message also when I have browsed too long in the app! Usually an app restart or some time passing lets you browse those same songs that had that message and then you can download the PDF’s normally. Their tech support has failed to respond to my message to them about this. The website works fine, however as you know only the app allows you to transpose scores. I suggest you search on the website and go to the app to transpose and download.
SX900, MODX7+

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 01:37:55 PM »
It sounds like you need to ask the Musescore forum at https://musescore.org/en/forum/11

You said "The website works fine." Is that the forum? If not, go to the forum and create a free account. They're very good at answering all questions. From experience, I think trying to create scores on an iPad would be tricky, due to keystroke and monitor size limitations. I use a Windows 10 gaming PC with dual 24 inch monitors, and professional sound card, which makes things much easier.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:41:04 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.