Author Topic: PSR-S975 and Roland FR4X digital accordion. Controlling the styles.  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Toril S

Hello friends :)
I finally did it, I have purchased a used Roland FR4X digital accordion!! (Being me I had to have a lap keyboard in my collection too!!!)
My intention is to play the accordion with backing from the styles on the keyboard. To do this I have to control the styles using the bass side of the accordion. I know this is possible, but have never tried anything involving MIDI, so I would be greatful for some insight into this from you good friends. I know some use modules like the Roland BK7-m, but I have the keyboard, so why not use that?

Do I like the Roland accordion? Yes, as long as I do not compare it with an acoustic one, but take it as it is, a digital instrument, a keyboard with bellows!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 10:36:24 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

Re: PSR-S975 and Roland FR4X digital accordion. Controlling the styles.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 10:46:47 PM »
I guess no one has the Roland Accordion or the module. As for now I am just using the accordion with MIDI backing tracks that I have made myself. I can either put these in the Roland or in the keyboard. Having fun, but am not sure if I will get the module. To control the styles on the keyboard, I then have to have a pedal board. It is a lot of things to handle for one person. Keyboard, accordion and pedal board, oh my! I actually wish Yamaha too would make a digital accordion!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 07:43:46 AM »
WOW.... What an amazing accordion that is Toril. Buttons where the keyboard normally is! Way beyond my comprehension I have to admit. I'd have to be an octopus to manage it all! The demos are fabulous.

I've never seen that before, but I wish you all success playing it! It will be a steep learning curve, but one which I'm sure you will master. Let us know how you get on with linking the Yamaha style backings with it.

Keith.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:26:53 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 12:49:47 PM »
Toril,
om du tar kontakt med Stein Ola på Gjøvik Musikk så hjelper de deg sikkert med et korrekt oppsett.  :)

Google translation by overover:
if you contact Stein Ola at Gjøvik Musikk, they will certainly help you with a correct setup. :)

Please post in English only here. Thanks, Chris (overover)

Have fun with the combination.
Thought about the same myself conected to Genos, but added PA4X-76 to have some fun during the winter.  ;D 8)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 02:29:00 PM by overover »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 10:17:06 PM »
Thanks Gunnar.
Chris, , we see your red letters :)

Toril S

and PSR-47.