Author Topic: Assign Voices  (Read 1086 times)

CHARLIE CHAU

Assign Voices
« on: May 30, 2022, 05:21:34 PM »
Hi,

Could you help me to assign the voices from the PSR SX900 to a MIDI file, please.

Thanks

Edit: Topic title edited by Roger Brenizer and moved from Hello Everyone board to PSR-SX900 board.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:20:06 AM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Assign Voices
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 01:24:38 AM »
Hi,

Could you help me to assign the voices from the PSR SX900 to a MIDI file, please.

Thanks

Edit: Topic title edited by Roger Brenizer and moved from Hello Everyone board to PSR-SX900 board.

The most common solution would be to record yourself playing the song with the voices you want.

If that's not what you're looking for, give us some more detail.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 10:11:13 AM »

It's not at all clear what you are trying to do here, you'll need to explain a bit more.

Remember that if you record a MIDI file on the PSR SX900, it will only play back using the same voices if you use the file on another SX900, or another Yamaha keyboard which provides the exact same voices. If you play back on another keyboard model, that keyboard will substitute something else. All that is stored in the MIDI file is a kind of  "index number" for the voice - nothing more.  (OK there may be SYSEX that modify it, but you need to start with the right base voice).
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 12:09:24 PM »
If you want to substitute voices in Midi file you do this in the song creator. Select the track and then choose Step Record to give you a view of content. At the top of the track you will see Prog and a number next to it which is the voice number. Just select the voice you want and make sure you delete the original one. Change all the tracks you need to this way.  Now just re-save the Midi.