Author Topic: Korg Pa5x vs. "Genos 2 -61"  (Read 18735 times)

Offline ton37

Korg Pa5x vs. "Genos 2 -61"
« on: May 30, 2022, 07:49:35 AM »
I wonder? It seems that Korg has listened to the wishes of the Yammie fans, will Yamaha do the same with the 'Genos 2'?  ;) In this case: a top keyboard with 61 keys and a lot of 'Genos (1/2)' stuff .. Even in 3 sizes. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxiQcwq_90w
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 10:17:33 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Enildo

Re: Korg Pa5x vs. "Genos 2 -61"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 12:49:44 PM »
We are not sure if this video is real. It seems more speculation. But a lot of people would like a version of Genos with 61 keys.
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline RoyB

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 01:29:31 PM »
Seems to be genuine. Here is a more recent video showing an actual PA5X keyboard (could be a pre-production model):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNC31vrjzs

Widely leaked that it is to be offered with 3 keyboard size options (61, 76 and 88 hammer action).

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 02:32:55 PM »
We are not sure if this video is real. It seems more speculation. But a lot of people would like a version of Genos with 61 keys.

If you want a 61-key Genos, buy a PSR.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 02:54:42 PM »

Cheers,
Fred

The PSR doesn’t have Revo drums!, doesn’t have SA2 voices, etc.

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 05:03:38 PM »
...... a lot of people would like a version of Genos with 61 keys.
Don't think this statement is supported by the evidence. Most buyers like the extra keys, and at worst they see no disadvantage in extra keys. Realistically, why would anyone opt for less keys on a $4000 keyboard unless there was a big cost saving - which there won't be.
Yes there could be a few isolated cases were someone wants all the TOTL features/ sounds, and is willing to spend the $4000 but have a size restraint. But that is never going to be a significant enough number to materially affect sales.
Mike
PS I think it much more likely that most people who SAY they want a 61 note Genos say it because they think it would be a lot cheaper - but this is deluded.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 05:29:56 PM by mikf »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 02:04:56 AM »
The PSR doesn’t have Revo drums!, doesn’t have SA2 voices, etc.

Understood, but a 61-key Genos isn't going to happen. So if your top requirement is 61 keys, your option is a PSR.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 03:14:21 AM »
“So, if your top requirement is 61 keys, your option is PSR.”  That’s exactly why I opted for the SX 900----smaller, lighter, and sounds great.  I doubt seriously that a Genos would improve my playing, although it would be nice to own.  However, I play half my gigs on guitar, with backing tracks created on the SX 900.  Works great, playing wav files from a tablet.

Offline ton37

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 07:41:58 AM »
I notice in some answers that people like to try to put themselves in the shoes of Yamaha's management and respond from there. That's a 'producer'/Yamaha perspective. Of course people know that those answers are a kind of crystal ball discussions and add little, because they /we just don't know.
My comment/post is from the consumer's perspective. That is a more realistic approach, because that is also the only thing (besides buying/not buying) you can do. Namely, put your wishes on the table and share this if necessary.
Whether yamaha then listens to it is another story.
Yamaha, as a large unapproachable company, decides for itself what is good for the market and the consumer follows that obediently. As long as that approach works for them, business is fine. At the end of that process, the consumer gets to decide for himself whether A. to buy that product… or B. not. (Happy luxury decisions) ;) Yamaha wants of course 'A' and does his very best to seduce us.. (hopefully?)  :)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 11:44:17 AM »
Understood, but a 61-key Genos isn't going to happen. So if your top requirement is 61 keys, your option is a PSR.

Cheers,
Fred

I agree. I prefer 76 keys and if I have a small gig in a home for instance I use the SX900. Usually all the audience knows is they like what they hear.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline ton37

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 07:57:48 PM »
Mmm. just found, looks like some nice, desired Genos 2 features implemented in the Korg .. ???  ::)
Just for your info... (if not interested: just skip)  ;)
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/505920/Korg_Pa5x#Post505920
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 08:25:49 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 08:46:35 PM »
I decided that I would not have a 76 keys Tyros 5, and was so happy when I found my 61 keys T5. Then I eventually got my Genos, and discovered that it is just a tad longer than the T5, but thinner and lighter too. After playing the Genos for some time I came to appreciate the extra  keys.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 10:44:13 AM »
Re polyphony I don’t think the the technical data matters much because both keyboards have more than enough capability for 95% plus of buyers to never see any issue with polyphony. So it’s not a design feature that is likely to drive a buying decision between these two products for most players.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: RobertM

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 05:50:23 AM »

Offline ton37

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2022, 06:38:07 AM »
And a 61 model for 4299 euro... interesting and very curious hoe it sounds. Esp. how the sliders and pads are gonna working ... c'mon Yamaha... waiting for your answer asap ;-)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 06:48:26 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 07:20:32 AM »
There will be an 88 keys model :O
88, 76 and 61.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 03:03:07 PM »
Just ran across this comparison video of Genos vs PA4x from Kris Nicholson :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1y0KcQNYg

Kris is just an awesome player, kind of funny when he "runs out of keys" on the Genos!! LOL
Looks like he's using Full Keyboard mode, and does his own accompaniment, makes them sound epic.

Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 09:32:54 PM »
Korg Pa5x https://youtu.be/PBUkjLb3O5w (video in Spanish)

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline ton37

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 02:51:58 PM »
As I mentioned earlier, it seems that Korg has listened to the wishes of the Yammies??  >:( Flip-out screen, a 61-key version, external storage and file handling, lots of pads, etc. etc. Very interesting! I hope Yamaha engineers and designers aren't taken by surprise and have to go back to the drawing board to 'exceed' this  :D. That would take a lot of time for Genos 2!
My best regards,
Ton

Offline pmahl

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 07:43:25 AM »
For all who are interested - here is a sound demo of the new Korg PA5X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUmUAGoHqo

Peter
Peterm

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2022, 08:31:25 AM »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 01:59:36 PM »
Looks like they did it, 61 keys is here to stay on KORG land. 88 keys is a surprise but then again, KORG does not have a Clavinova CVP alternative so this may be their answer.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2022, 12:40:51 AM »
For all who are interested - here is a sound demo of the new Korg PA5X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUmUAGoHqo

Peter

Alois Müller is a great musician! He has great versatility and an excellent command of the instrument.
Congratulations!

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline ton37

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2022, 11:24:43 AM »
I agree, waiting for more vids from Alois. The one's he had done already shows (for me) that Korg had made a top-end keyboard!! The soundquality is top, allthought I have to hear it myself in the shop. Only listening on the internet is not fair, as there are very many variables that has influence on the 'sound you hear'.
Thanks for the link...
My best regards,
Ton

Offline pjd

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2022, 12:47:12 AM »
I liked the official Korg demo with Luciano. If you want to skip the initial talking, skip to the 7:00 mark.

Here are a few features I like:

* Fatar keybed actions
* Style crossfade (a way to get more contrast between A, B, bridge sections)
* Smooth Sound Transition (SST)
* Multi-purpose pads with assignable control functions
* Separate guitar input (high impedance)
* No banks and a way to group performance-related entities
* Round-robin drums
* Sampling and a built-in sample editor!
* New natural-sounding acoustic instruments (trumpet, violin)
* New instruments from Nautilus and SV2 especially that Wurli EP

If I heard it right, Korg ditched TC Electronic vocal processing. Now teaming with Shift Audio. [Gotta learn more about this.]

The user interface (UI) looks kind of busy. The Yamaha UI is cleaner. Can't tell about workflow...

Listening to the piano and other instrument demos, I wonder how much EQ they laid on when recording. It would be better to hear the actual instrument in person, but Korg is horrible at providing store demo arrangers in the USA.

Well, that's my quick reaction -- pj

Offline mikf

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2022, 12:46:22 AM »
pjd - I appreciate that these things matter to you and some others. But there isn’t a single thing on this list that I would think about or ask about when buying an arranger. And I suspect that to be true for most potential buyers, maybe as  high as 80 or 90%. This is why I don’t think Yamaha will be having many concerns about there being a new Korg, with some neat features - because they know this.
There are some very technically informed people posting on forums like this, and they know all this stuff. But they are not representative of the typical keyboard buyer, who will try it, like or not like the sound, the look etc. They won’t dig very deep into the system functions or the technology.
Mike

Offline pjd

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2022, 06:27:42 PM »
pjd - I appreciate that these things matter to you and some others. But there isn’t a single thing on this list that I would think about or ask about when buying an arranger.  ... They won’t dig very deep into the system functions or the technology.
Mike

Hi Mike --

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks.

However, with the exception of sampling/sample editing, this is a very un-geeky list! Sure, not everyone plays guitar. However,  a guitar playing keyboardist could/should exploit the built-in effects (instead of buying a guitar multi-effect). Get more value for the hard-earned money they sank into their arranger.  :)

The multi-purpose pads (with assignable functions) may sound esoteric, but it's a generalization of the Genos assignable function buttons. Having more buttons with more functions available to be assigned really streamlines workflow. Set 'em once and then enjoy.

I bought Genos mainly for its keyboard action (FSX) and natural sounding instruments. Revo drums (AKA round-robin) are a bonus. Lots of folks on this forum wish for Montage's Seamless Sound Switching (Korg's SST) -- even some "play at home" customers.  :)

Yamaha needs to appeal to the coming generation of tech-savvy customers who will compare feature against feature.

As to folks not digging in, I think the Korg is too busy looking and could intimidate some users. I've had conversations with Yamaha marketing people and the intimidation factor is a big concern -- even in the synth market.

Hey, hey, have fun and all the best -- pj
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:49:33 PM by pjd »

Offline Dnj

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2022, 04:26:50 PM »
Korg has removed the KAOSS feature also I assume?

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2022, 05:05:37 PM »

If I heard it right, Korg ditched TC Electronic vocal processing. Now teaming with Shift Audio.

That's right and now includes "Auto Pitch"

Mic and VH detailed in owners manual section 23
Complete Korg Pa5x Owners Manual:https://rb.gy/qkzujm
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2022, 07:24:32 PM »
That's right and now includes "Auto Pitch"

Mic and VH detailed in owners manual section 23
Complete Korg Pa5x Owners Manual:https://rb.gy/qkzujm

The user or owners manual is not ready yet according to members at Korg forum, the link leads to the Performance Guide.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 05:39:55 PM »
You're right GJ. Performance Guide is what I meant. I'm getting old  ::)
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2022, 06:36:19 PM »
.....I'm getting old  ::)

Well, as we don't get any younger as days and weeks passes by, then not to getting old may be a bad alternative....  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Ingar

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2022, 08:31:02 PM »

Cheers,
Fred
It is not the same. Psr 900 is a great keyboard, but it is not a Genos.
Ingar.

Offline ton37

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 08:03:42 PM »
Something to keep in mind?!

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=127503

That is unfortunately common with new products these days, even with the Yamahas (bugs I mean).
That's why I'm definitely waiting for another half year (2023 .. so maybe Yamaha will give us information in the meantime ???) . I use that time to listen to it live and try it out. And to see what the state of affairs is with regard to reviews and to solving bugs, etc.
With pleasure back to my Yammie now ;-)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline TLN41

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2022, 02:07:00 AM »
Korg PA5x vs Genos.

Genos sounds win by a landslide IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2M1begz-ds

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2022, 10:37:12 AM »
Your absolutely right Jeff, you can put incredible new features on keyboards but unless their simple to use , they will be lost. We all know getting a new tv reading the first pages and then just getting on with it lol.
The majority of owners are 50 plus and getting older, so there need to be thought on how to attract this age group before it becomes unrealistic to make new keyboards.
I  am always asked to how to do this and that on the Genos half the problem is the poorly instruction manuals.
The Korg for me on the surface looks great nice flashy lights, but some features look like gimmicks.
Can i  easily create a style, easily create a drum pattern, easily import sets etc?
So if the answer is no then the demographic that buys the keyboard's will be eroded and the high end Arranger keyboards will fizzle out.

Offline mikf

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2022, 10:45:02 AM »
I have a fundamental disagreement with the idea that many of the styles are out of date and geared to older players. I think it has nothing to do with age, and a lot more to do with what kind of music lends itself to being 'played' on a keyboard. I don't think it matters what age you are, or when the song was written, there is a type of music that lends itself to keyboard playing, and some that don't. Much of the music I have played all of my life comes from an era before my time, like Kern and Gershwin, and much of it is relatively recent, maybe Adele, but I play it all because it is playable. It has a clear and memorable melody and harmony. That is what works in live playing on a keyboard.
A lot of commercial modern music is great, but its more about musical production, atmosphere and driving beat, creating a party, dance environment that many love. But you can't really sit down and play it.  And the majority of people buy arrangers because they want to play.
Of course there are many people interested in music production, and they are constantly telling us that the arrangers need to be updated to emulate what is done on workstations. But they are a minority. There is also a number of players who do party gigs and feel obliged to throw in some of this kind of music, but again they are a relative few.
A perfect example of this is my grandson who has been professionally producing EDM for many years. But when he sits down to play a musical instrument in his room, he plays exactly the same kind of music that I would play. He has told me many times that EDM is not made to be played, it is primarily there to create a party atmosphere, with a driving beat, and there is a clear formula that works. He believes that most people don't really even hear it, or could hum it afterwards.
I believe that as we age, many people who played earlier, or never played, develop a strong urge to be able to play. The arranger has been the perfect vehicle for that. The idea that as the 'young' set age they will demand arrangers made for 'their' kind of music is myth. They will sit down to play exactly the kind of music we all play - because that is what is playable, satisfying and entertaining. I am not of course against constant improvement of the style technology, the styles themselves, or a wider range of additional styles. But I am still playing 'All the things you are' written long before I was born, and I bet they will be playing 'Yesterday',  'The Long and Winding road' and 'Moon River', long after I am gone.
Mike

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 11:10:47 AM by mikf »

Offline mikf

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2022, 12:10:03 PM »
As I said, as people age they often decide to learn or re-turn to a musical instrument and the arranger fits the bill. So of course arranger community average age is high.
So if you look at a lot of the music played by arranger you might conclude the choice of music is age related. My point is that it is not, it’s just that keyboard players regardless of age play a lot of very  traditional music because it works on keyboard, not because the music is as old as them.
A bit like the myth that because quite a lot of older people continue to play golf, that it therefore follows that people who play golf live longer. Of course that is untrue, it’s just that people who live longer sometimes also play golf.
Association vs correlation.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2022, 03:07:31 PM »
Hello Mike,
  I have to totally agree with you on the music we play on the keyboards. Even playing for events people still want to hear songs with good strong melody lines that they can if they wish join in with. This is not an age thing as youngsters learning to play keyboards will still be learning and enjoying some of the good old standards or Classical pieces. I think we all enjoy playing enjoyable to listen to music and I feel this will still be with us when all the Thump Thump Bang has gone.

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »
My Yamaha arranger is a perfect fit for the types of songs I play, which includes a smattering of standards, a little country, and previous pop hits.  Playing often in retirement homes, I’m finding increasingly that the residents seem to prefer, and request, many of the early rock and roll hits.  Too much Gershwin, Berlin, Cole Porter, etc., puts them to sleep.  So, most of my play lists are upbeat, with a few ballads sprinkled in.  I often use Band In A Box; however, I prefer the tracks created with the SX 900.   

Offline DerekA

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2022, 04:00:40 PM »
I feel this will still be with us when all the Thump Thump Bang has gone.

Do you mean all that pop & roll nonsense that started in the 50s  ::)
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Leading Edge

Offline EileenL

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2022, 05:46:07 PM »
No Derek,
  I am talking about the rubbish they call music today. Supposed to be able to dance to it even if you are not high on something. ;) 8)

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52, hans1966

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2022, 09:22:06 AM »
All periods have their own good and bad. And once that said, everyone has his/her own tastes.

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2022, 10:53:24 PM »
EDM is simpleton music that comprises of a couple of chords and lots of repetition. It is like a song without a lead, just a background that goes nowhere and stays in suspension. Great for those flashing light sample machines/kids wind up toy.
Todays general pop is very basic especially the moo moo singing by so called men and women.

No wonder Paul McCartney won over Gladstonbury. There is no real lasting talent today.Just converyor belt music.
Music in the future will have to change and hopefully for the better.
Notice adverts always nearly revert to the oldies music, Yes, I am talking of the days when you could whistle to the music as well
How many people on mobile phones do you see whistling to music?
Bring back "Happy Days" and fun music in this world.
I can see a good future for arrangers and the young should be encouraged to play them instead of relying on samples for everything.
Kill the mobile phone!!! :) ::) :P

The Classical, 20s,30s to the 80s's  was music, but 1990s onwards pepper piggy music and horrid rap rubbish
Well slate me if you will , but that is my opinion only :) and too many Essex accents lol "kinda like"!! ;D

I still say wait for the nexy Yamaha keyboard
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:03:09 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52, Leading Edge, hans1966

Offline Armand

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2022, 03:36:42 AM »
I am not a professional musician. I learned to play keyboards with a Yamaha PSS470. I was evolving with the brand, until the PSR S950.
Then models appeared about every year and their performance is not very different, until the SX 900, but very expensive, so I bought
a Korg PA700. I tell you this, because the PA5X is the only Korg keyboard, they are 88, 76 and 61 keys, all with the same specifications.
  There are no intermediate models. I think something similar will happen with Yamaha Genos.
Best regards

Offline mikf

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2022, 04:52:57 AM »
Armand - I don't think so. It may make sense for a very small company like Korg, but Yamaha has a different approach and is a much, much bigger company than Korg.
Mike

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2022, 09:10:02 AM »
My Yamaha arranger is a perfect fit for the types of songs I play, which includes a smattering of standards, a little country, and previous pop hits.  Playing often in retirement homes, I’m finding increasingly that the residents seem to prefer, and request, many of the early rock and roll hits.  Too much Gershwin, Berlin, Cole Porter, etc., puts them to sleep.  So, most of my play lists are upbeat, with a few ballads sprinkled in.  I often use Band In A Box; however, I prefer the tracks created with the SX 900.   

Never a truer word was said when it comes to retirement homes.  Absolutely correct.  They don't want a conveyor belt of old big band numbers from the 20's, 30's and 40's.  Nothing wrong with that kind of genre' but it's not what the majority want to listen to.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2022, 09:48:59 PM »
I have over some time now  listen to Korg Pa5x, and Genos, to compare them. I have tried to be neutral and objective to the best of my ability. Yes, Korg has som good features, nice styles and good sounding voices, but still, it does not, to my ears, reach up to the Genos standard. I hope that Genos 2, or what ever the name will be, comes with 61 keys as an alternative.

Offline ton37

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »
This afternoon I had the opportunity to try out the Korg PA5x (61) at my dealer. I was very impressed with this keyboard. It looks beautiful in design and just sounds very good, both the solo instruments and the rhythms. Many functions that I like to see in a keyboard can be found in this model. Very interesting are: an excellent keybed (minimally larger keys than the Genos and well balanced!). A beautiful tilting screen in very good resolution and touchable. Excellent quality sound, which is provided by means of. the sliders can be adjusted quickly and easily. And nice in a 61-key version.
I would definitely buy it....only just 2 considerations that are currently holding me back from doing so:
1.The PA5x's firmware/software still needs some updates to fix the bugs.
2.The 2nd consideration is that within a year the Genos will come out with 3 models: 61, 76 and 88 keys (see my other post).

So for now I'll just wait a year...
My best regards,
Ton

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2022, 06:34:33 PM »
1.The PA5x's firmware/software still needs some updates to fix the bugs.
2.The 2nd consideration is that within a year the Genos will come out with 3 models: 61, 76 and 88 keys (see my other post).

1. As announced on Korg web page, new firmware will be released till the end of 2022.
2. Nobody knows nothing about Yamaha plans -right now, there are only wishes and speculations. But yeah, Yamaha will release Genos successor one day.

So for now I'll just wait a year...
-a little patience is always good   :)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube