Author Topic: High Quality Expansion Voices  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Neebo

High Quality Expansion Voices
« on: May 27, 2022, 07:52:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have been playing and programming samplers and synths for a very long time.  I'm new to the world of Genos and have been working on new high quality voices to take advantage of the 128 voice polyphony when using expansion voices.  I started making a few voices and so far I'm very happy with the results.

I would like to devote more time to build a nice library so the question is:

Would Genos users be willing to pay $3 per voice if they like them and use them?

Below is a link to hear a short demo of the voice and the ability to download it as a .ppf file to be used in Yamaha Expansion Manager.  Please consider a small donation if you like the voice, this will allow me to create more voices in the future.

https://wixsite66.wixsite.com/genos

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Neebo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:52:55 AM by Neebo »

PdeMats

Re: High Quality Expansion Voices
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 10:09:06 AM »
I would like to try it out, can you please send me the ppf file? Thanks

Offline Neebo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 02:56:43 PM »
Hi PdeMats,

Link forwarded as requested.  Thanks for the requesting and I hope you like it.

Regards

Neebo

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 08:12:42 PM »
I'd like to try it as well, please,

thanks!

Mark

Offline Neebo

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 09:56:55 PM »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for requesting the file.  Link has been forwarded to you.

Regards

Neebo

The following users thanked this post: Amwilburn

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 12:00:41 AM »
Hello Neebo...then I would like to be the 3rd in the group. I like the mix very much. Thanks in advance!

Offline lmederos

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 04:37:01 AM »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for requesting the file.  Link has been forwarded to you.

Regards

Neebo

If offer still available I am interested. Thanks!
-- Luis

PSR-SX900

Offline roltec54

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 06:20:06 AM »
hello,
can you send me your ppf, thank you in advance, the voices on your demo are very beautiful.
good week
michel (roltec54)

Offline Neebo

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 08:29:48 AM »
Thanks to all that requested the file.  I have decided to make the file accessible to everyone, please feel free to download it from the link below.  If you like it please consider a small donation so I can create more content for Genos.

Regards

Neebo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:28:21 PM by Neebo »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, overover, Roshure

keynote

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 05:07:25 PM »
Very nice of you Neebo. I do think people will fork over some dough for high-quality sounds for the Genos. Your .mp3 example was very nice. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. 👍

All the best, Mike

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »
Very nice, Neebo. Do you plan to improve the basic piano voices on the Genos? They are better than the T5 but still need improvement based on a $6,500 price tag. The piano is the core voice and should be stellar. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 12:35:02 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Neebo

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2022, 03:54:41 PM »
Hi Lee,

I originally planned to have lots of good acoustic voices for the Genos including grand piano and strings etc as well as some more modern synth voices.  The issue I have is that it takes a very long time to create these samples and to loop them, map them, test the voices etc.

If people like what I created and start donating a token sum of money then I would certainly be able to continue with the project.

Regards

Neebo

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 01:24:17 PM »
Good to know, Neebo. Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Neebo

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 11:42:04 PM »
Dear All,

Just a quick update.  The website has been updated and now includes the Series One Expansion Pack which is made up of 10 Voice Expansions:

01 EP + Pad
02 Grand Piano
03 TX816 EP
04 Orchestra Strings With Vibrato
05 Orchestra Strings Without Vibrato
06 Orchestra Soft Strings With Vibrato
07 Orchestra Soft Strings Without Vibrato
08 Almost Completed
09 Almost Completed
10 Almost Completed

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Regards

Neebo

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2022, 01:47:12 PM »
Neebo, you posted, "The issue I have is that it takes a very long time to create these samples and to loop them, map them, test the voices etc." And yet, two days later you have 6 more voices ready to go - including a piano. You work very quickly, my friend ;).

Where did you get that silver Genos ;D? I want one. It beats the terrible black case they gave us.

Offline Neebo

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2022, 03:08:02 PM »
Hi Lee,

Great to hear from you again.  These samples are from my archives and so only needed minor adjustments to convert to Genos :). I have been working on the first pack solidly for about a week.  I have now released the first series which is 5 Voices and by donating $5 you get access to all of them ($1 per Voice).

Actually the white Genos is a sticker that applies onto the top of the keyboard and is a great way to change the look of it.  It doesn't harm the keyboard in any way and can be safely peeled off.  Maybe I should sell the Genos sticker on the site :)

Regards

Neebo

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2022, 05:44:48 PM »
Great, thanks Neebo. I'll check out the voices.

Offline Neebo

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2022, 07:21:34 PM »
Dear All,

Just a quick update that I have added a new pack 'Series Two' which is a collection of 5 Iconic Drum Machines:

- TR-606
- TR-707
- TR-727
- TR-808
- TR-909

Two versions are available one for Genos and another for Tyros 5.  The packs are accessible with a small donation of $4.

Regards

Neebo