Author Topic: Yamaha Genos 2 61  (Read 20086 times)

Offline EileenL

Re: Yamaha Genos 2 61
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2022, 03:22:44 PM »
I do think it possible that we will see another flag ship but not because Korg have just released one. Again what will be will be.

Offline ton37

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2022, 03:29:27 PM »
Cmon Ton, get real, you can’t really believe this. Like most people here you have probably “donated” considerably more capital to car companies, have they shared their future design plans with you? ;)  ;D
Mike
As I was quoted I will give a short reaction: Hi Mike, I also know how 'big' companies behave... but I don't have to agree with that way of dealing with the customer! I would rather see them better inform their customer about possible future products. I'm aware that it may be a voice crying in the wilderness  ;) ? I advocate the more 'asertive' consumer than the 'following' consumer. That's what I meant by my comment...  8)

Btw.. I like to read comments and points of view, even if they are not always mine. I have no problem with that, just fooling around every now and then, keeps the mind sharp ;-) And aside, on this forum there is always polite and reasoned discussion in a decent way! Thnx. to all contributers!!  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:08:59 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline mikf

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2022, 10:13:46 PM »
Ton - I spent my working life largely on the other side of this, being the person setting and implementing  development strategy for large corporations. It’s not arrogance or power mongering that dictates the need for  keeping info tight. It’s just common sense. Customers are not bound by confidentiality agreements so everything you discuss with them is the same as telling your competitors what you are planning. That’s typically a bad idea in a technology business.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2022, 10:41:08 AM »
Hi
I reckon Eileen is an secret agent for Yamaha and if Eileen thinks it is possible,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I say there is no smoke without a fire :P

I am now waiting for a clip around the Lug Holes ::) :-[
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:42:23 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2022, 10:56:14 AM »
Hello to all.

Generally Eileen doesn't say such kind of things.... And I seem to remember Eileen was also more positive for a new flagship release before the Genos was really released ...

So, a little bit of hope?

Regards
Soundphase.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2022, 01:42:59 PM »
I am just voicing an opinion because in all honesty I can't see Yamaha just stopping producing Flag ship arrangers.