Author Topic: StyleMagic "revoicing" issue.  (Read 1739 times)

Offline tyros2009

StyleMagic "revoicing" issue.
« on: May 16, 2022, 09:28:15 PM »
I use StyleMagic to convert a MIDI file (recorded on my S770) to style. I make sure that settings is for S770.
After loading the MIDI file and do necessary steps to get Intro2 for example, playing back with this software with my S770 connected to the PC, this Intro2 sounds exactly like the MIDI file I recorded.
I save this style (as Intro2.sty), then also push the "save" icon to save as Intro2.sec
After doing more works with other MIDI files, I reload Intro2.sty, this sounds again like original MIDI.
ISSUE: However, if I import Intro2.sec in the song style I am working with, the voices of most tracks (10 to 16) are changed, so playing this Intro2 again, it sounds really different. For some reason, the voices saved in Intro2.sec have been changed (by Style Magic ??? if correct then WHY ???). This same issue also exists when I do the same work with my Tyros3.

WORK AROUND: On the keyboard, I load the song style I am creating, then use style assembly to copy INTRO2 of the style Intro2.sty. The new song style sounds correct, no voice changes.

I hope Midisoft can give me a hint here.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:29:57 PM by tyros2009 »
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770