Author Topic: Style Assembly question ?  (Read 2250 times)

Offline tyros2009

Style Assembly question ?
« on: May 16, 2022, 03:58:45 AM »
When style edit a section ( main D of style XXX for example) and try to copy main D of style YYY, I had to copy one track at a time (track 8 to track 16) to get an exact copy.
Is there an option to copy all these 8 tracks in one shot ? KORG arranger has this feature.
I understand that Yamaha allows for copy only some tracks with the current scheme, that is flexible. But most of the time, I always copy all 8 tracks and like to repeat the same thing 8 times.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline DerekA

Re: Style Assembly question ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 09:32:19 AM »
If you are doing it on the keyboard then no, there is no option other than one at a time.

Before you start, save a temporary copy of the source style into the User area so you can pick it quickly each time. Assembly does genuinely copy the data into the style you are working on so you can safely delete the temporary copy afterwards.
Genos

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 01:32:59 PM »
I have made over 400 custom song styles with only the Yahama style creator. I always place the starting Style I am importing parts to, into the USER area and rename it to the song that I am creating it for.

I then copy into the USER area the style I am getting Parts from into the USER area as well. It is then easy to move each or all parts that I require into the new custom song style. The more you use this process the more automatic the process becomes with your hands and brain.

I also create backup copies as I move forward and add additional parts into the custom song style. For example: Custom song name XXXXX would contain the first changes. As I want to add more changes, I begin by saving style XXXXX with a new name to the USER area as XXXXX1. This step will save you time, if and when you screw up and override a section of the style by mistake (and it will happen).

Glad to hear you are expanding your use of the style creator.

Regards
Drake

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 06:26:42 PM »
Hi Drake,
On the keyboard, that is exactly what I did too. The only cumbersome part is I have to keep repeating the same thing (select style to copy from) for each track. Korg has a feature that I can tell it to copy a complete section of another style to a section of the style I am working with.
Recently I use StyleMagic to do this work, much faster with the computer. The issue I have with StyleMagic is it revoices the section that I created. I had to go thru a quick re-voicing before saving the new custom style. Still a lot faster than on the keyboard.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770