Author Topic: Where the left hand's String and Bass sounds are located in a style?  (Read 1250 times)

Offline brucerez

Hi,
I want to have some control on left hand sounds (String and Bass sound) which are not in the Style tracks (Style channels).

Here is the situation:
I try to locate the left hand's String and Bass sounds to do some modification like Volume, Pan, etc...
These sounds are not part of the style channels and I can not find them.

There is no style running and in the Mixer I turn off all style channels (Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2, Bass, Chord 1, etc...) and I still hear the string and bass sounds when I play a chord with my left hand.

Where these left hand's String and Bass sound are located in a style?
I would appreciate it if I can have some help or clarification.

Thank you

Offline Amwilburn

You have the acmp stop behavior set to fixed (under Menu, page 2, style setting), hence the mysterious bass and strings sounds assigned aren't viewable.
Change the behavior to "style" and it will grab the style's bass and string (pad) will be visible & modifiable from the style channels.

Mark

Offline brucerez

You have the acmp stop behavior set to fixed (under Menu, page 2, style setting), hence the mysterious bass and strings sounds assigned aren't viewable.
Change the behavior to "style" and it will grab the style's bass and string (pad) will be visible & modifiable from the style channels.

Mark
Thanks Mark for your prompt reply.
I will try your suggestion, appreciated.

Offline lmederos

Mark

Hi Mark

I don't see that option ("style") in any of the menus for Change Behavior.

Did you mean select a choice under "Section Set", e.g.,"Intro", "Main A", etc. ?

Thanks
-- Luis

PSR-SX900

Offline Amwilburn

I'm assuming sx900 or sx700; go to Menu, page 2, style setting, then setting "Stop ACMP", by default it's "fixed", change it to "style" (you literally tap on the green "Fixed" on screen)

On the sx600, I saw no such option

Offline lmederos

I'm assuming sx900 or sx700; go to Menu, page 2, style setting, then setting "Stop ACMP", by default it's "fixed", change it to "style" (you literally tap on the green "Fixed" on screen)

On the sx600, I saw no such option

Thank you!  That worked
-- Luis

PSR-SX900

Offline brucerez

Mark
Hi Mark,

I tried both Fixed and Style behavior.

With Style behavior, as you mentioned we can see the string sound is assigned to Pad channel and bass sound in Bass channel, this is good.
But the problem I encountered with the Style option is that the strings sound continues playing, like in hold position for the left hand,
even if I take off my left hand from the keyboard, it keeps playing, not good.

Thanks anyway.