Author Topic: How to mix Custom Audio style and Style parts using hex dumb or any other method  (Read 2548 times)

Is there any way to mix Audio style and style parts (i.e. Rythm, bass, chords, pads, phrase)
Because Yamaha doesn't allow copying Audio Styles to USB, it's impossible to have a backup of my custom audio style.

I have noticed that it's possible to remove the audio part from my keyboard by changing bars and bringing it back to the original and saving the style file without audio.
so is it possible to mix the original audio style with the one without audio style?

I have checked this website to know more about audio style, also it consists of one java source code... Idk what to do with
https://sandsoftwaresound.net/audio-style-file-format/

Offline PierreSW

Hey!
Audio-styles are converted to fit Genos on Yamaha's website
to download and there are more styles to download.

// Pierre

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:40:37 AM by PierreSW »
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline DrakeM

LOL  You have just discovered why the AUDIO styles are worthless for creating your own custom song styles. They are good for one song only maybe at best.

Offline gabrielschuck

Is there any way to mix Audio style and style parts (i.e. Rythm, bass, chords, pads, phrase)
Because Yamaha doesn't allow copying Audio Styles to USB, it's impossible to have a backup of my custom audio style.

I have noticed that it's possible to remove the audio part from my keyboard by changing bars and bringing it back to the original and saving the style file without audio.
so is it possible to mix the original audio style with the one without audio style?

I have checked this website to know more about audio style, also it consists of one java source code... Idk what to do with
https://sandsoftwaresound.net/audio-style-file-format/
I have the same question.
It is more than one of the situations in which only Yamaha can use or resource that it introduced to the keyboards.
I don't understand why the Audio Phraser utility for these keyboards is not possible to save custom audio style for outside of them. Furthermore, because audio styles created like Audio Phraser are not encrypted like Yamaha gives you.
If not, it would not be possible to add midi part whit style creator.

I do not believe that Yamaha will update the firmware of these keyboards by pulling through.
Unfortunately we are going to have to use loops not in rex format and we will be content with it... 😢
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Online EileenL

It is only the drum track that is Audio. It is possible to select a midi style with similar drum parts and the save the Midi parts from the Audio style to it in the Style creator using Style assembly.

LOL  You have just discovered why the AUDIO styles are worthless for creating your own custom song styles. They are good for one song only maybe at best.
Yea, you think its worthless, its best for Genos workstation. But, you can literally feel the difference from audio and normal midi. Not everyone can buy Genos.

Offline terryB

If you are talking about saving audio styles from Expansion files, you can do this by picking on an individual style and pressing 'save as', then saving in your chosen medium ie user drive or USB. All my audio styles are saved in the user drive and backed up in USB. If you want to edit the style you can using the audio style as the base file, and edit all other parts other than the audio drums.

Cheers Terry

PS All my audio styles are removed from the expansion manager now

Offline gabrielschuck

If you are talking about saving audio styles from Expansion files, you can do this by picking on an individual style and pressing 'save as', then saving in your chosen medium ie user drive or USB. All my audio styles are saved in the user drive and backed up in USB. If you want to edit the style you can using the audio style as the base file, and edit all other parts other than the audio drums.

Cheers Terry

PS All my audio styles are removed from the expansion manager now
That was what I do on my tyros5. I create the midi part using the audio part as a base. The problem is when saving everything out of user memory.
As in other topics, my question has always been to know how it would be possible to have the audio style with both parts included and well mixed, since on keyboards like Tyros5, it is not possible to save this somewhere else but in the user.
For some particular styles here in Brazil, the audio styles for me would serve better than the rex-formatted loops in these situations.
I see rex loops that are good for drum machines, simpler grooves.
As for more complex things, using Audio Styles is better because it involves time stretch technology. I know it's not a big deal, but it's different than a Rex sliced loop.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 05:33:12 PM by gabrielschuck »

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

Offline gabrielschuck

Yea, you think its worthless, its best for Genos workstation. But, you can literally feel the difference from audio and normal midi. Not everyone can buy Genos.
Exactly, there is a difference.
I don't understand the problem that some see with audio styles.
As stated before, loops in the rex format work for some situations, but not for others.
And as a Tyros5 user, I find myself frustrated that I can't save my audio styles out of user memory.
By the way, this was one of the new features of the keyboard when it was released.
People who bought it at the time paid dearly for it.
I don't like to say that I have a Tyros5 to show superiority, I got the instrument with a lot of sacrifice. And I would really like to use it to the fullest, especially when creating styles.

Yamaha develops the Audio Phraser and it boils down to saying that it is for keyboards compatible with audio styles.
Tyros5 supports Audio Styles.
And so?

Regards,
Gabriel