Author Topic: Multi Pad is not starting on first measure...  (Read 1974 times)

Offline brucerez

Multi Pad is not starting on first measure...
« on: May 10, 2022, 05:27:34 PM »
I want to start playing a song with a Multi Pad (Percussion loop) and then continue playing by hitting the Start button.
The problem is as soon as I hit the Start button the Multi Pad (Percussion loop) stops playing and restart on second measure which is not good.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you for any help.

Offline brucerez

Re: Multi Pad is not starting on first measure...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 08:17:56 PM »
No one has experienced this problem.

Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 11:02:51 PM »
Can you use SyncStart rather than Start? Can you make that work?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 11:45:19 AM »
Most Drum loop M P are a four bar loop. If you start your multi Pad of and then hit start on the first beat of the forth bar it will work  OK. Have just tried it and it works for me.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 08:16:10 PM »
Can you use SyncStart rather than Start? Can you make that work?

Cheers,
Fred
Thanks Fred for your suggestion.
Yes I can make it work the way you describe. But not the way I want.

Here is what I am doing:
1- I choose 8BeatModern Style.
2-I turn on Sync Start button.
3- I hit the multi pad 1 (PianoArp8Beat)
4- I leave the multi pad 1 playing some measures without touching the keyboard, neither running the style (rhythm, etc...).
5- I touch the keyboard with my left hand and playing a C chord. Here is the problem; the Multi pad stops playing for the first measure (bar) and then restart on second bar.

Offline manuel

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 01:17:58 AM »

Hello friends

I Sync 2 things, the styles AND also the Multipad, how to so this, easy: having the Multipad selected, then Press and Hold the small button Select in the Multipad section while holding the "Select" press also the number of the Multipad you wish to play in SYNC with the Styles, and Save it into a Registration, so you do not have to do this again......
It has NEVER fail me, I use this a LOT in my Demos with Multipads Midi or Audio link.

Please try this way and you wont be disappointed.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline brucerez

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 01:58:15 AM »
Hello friends

I Sync 2 things, the styles AND also the Multipad, how to so this, easy: having the Multipad selected, then Press and Hold the small button Select in the Multipad section while holding the "Select" press also the number of the Multipad you wish to play in SYNC with the Styles, and Save it into a Registration, so you do not have to do this again......
It has NEVER fail me, I use this a LOT in my Demos with Multipads Midi or Audio link.

Please try this way and you wont be disappointed.

Manuel
Thank you Manuel for your suggestion.
I will try it.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 02:24:41 AM »
@Manual,
I just tried your suggestion by selecting the Multi pad (Select button + Multi Pad1) and Save it into a Registration.
And then I recalled this registration and tried it.
Unfortunately It is not working in my situation, the same problem.

As I mentioned in my previous post here is what I want to do:
4- I leave the multi pad 1 playing some measures without touching the keyboard, neither running the style (rhythm, etc...).
5- I touch the keyboard with my left hand and playing a C chord. Here is the problem; the Multi pad stops playing for the first measure (bar) and then restart on second bar.
I noticed sometime the multi pad starts playing in sync with the style on first measure, then stops on second measure and then restarts in third measure, weird.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 01:00:51 PM »
Hello Brucerez!

I would solve this using Registration Memory, as follows:
01. Start Rotating the MP along with the style (all together), but leave the style volume at 0 (zero). Save this to Registry 1.
02. In Registry 2, save everything the same (style + MP), but with the style volume at 100 (or the volume at the height you want. That's it!

When you want the Style to start, press Register 2 and the MP will continue without interruption.

The Multi Pads, when played together with the Styles, are automatically synchronized.
If there is any timing change, the system stops the MP and continues to the next measure.

I hope you understand, if not, I can try to explain in another way.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: samson8884

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 02:57:40 PM »
@Manual,
I just tried your suggestion by selecting the Multi pad (Select button + Multi Pad1) and Save it into a Registration.
And then I recalled this registration and tried it.
Unfortunately It is not working in my situation, the same problem.

As I mentioned in my previous post here is what I want to do:
I noticed sometime the multi pad starts playing in sync with the style on first measure, then stops on second measure and then restarts in third measure, weird.

Your problem is that the multipad follows the chord. So when you start it, it's in one key, but then when you press a chord, it has to restart in the new key.

I agree with Enildo. Create a registration. R1 has your multipad sync-started, style volume 0. The multipad will start when you press a chord. When you're ready for the style to sound, move to R2, which has the style volume you want.

Alternatively, create a user multipad that doesn't follow the chord.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline brucerez

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 07:43:05 PM »
Thank you Enildo & Fred for your assistance and time, appreciated.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 04:25:20 PM »
Your problem is that the multipad follows the chord. So when you start it, it's in one key, but then when you press a chord, it has to restart in the new key.......

Cheers,
Fred

So I would conclude that the solution would be to have the feature that allows the chord stays on display before starting to play the multi pad.
That was one of my earlier question about the Yamaha PSR series in one of my post.
I hope Yamaha one day will add this feature in the future firmware. This feature exists in Korg arranger for decades.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 05:03:47 PM »
It would really be nice if the style synced to the multi pad and not just the multi pad synced to the style, as it is done.
If that were possible, it would solve the problem of syncing multi pads when the style is stopped.
The tempo sync would obey whoever started playing first, style or multi pads.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!