Author Topic: Reorder Registrations? HELP!  (Read 2131 times)

dougzimmerman

Reorder Registrations? HELP!
« on: May 10, 2022, 04:12:05 PM »
I own a PSR-S770, used for live performances only.
I have saved hundreds of songs, in many different Registration Banks.  Here is an example:

Registration Bank name   Bank number   Song name
    Rock 1                          1                   Country Roads
                                   2                   Margaritaville
                                   3                   Dream dream
                                   4                   etc

Rock 2                         1                   Elvis medley
                                 2                   Save the last dance
                                 3                   My girl
                                 4                   etc

I have created many more banks, for an entire evenings’ music, and in Performance Order. In this way, I can simply go from Bank Name Rock 1, and play eight songs with speed and ease, ready to play, by pressing Bank button 1 - 8. Then I go to Rock 2, and play eight more songs, again by pressing Bank buttons 1-8.

But what happens (for example) if I want to move the song in Rock 4, # 6; to Rock 2, #2?  I have to change Every Registration!  This takes Hours!

Here is my question.  Is there a simple and easy way to re-order Registrations?
Or, is there another way to create Performance Set lists that are easy to manipulate before the performance, AND change from song to song, in a Live situation?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Reorder Registrations? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 08:54:25 PM »
Unfortunately, there's not a simple way.

Your options are:
-- live with it
-- convert your registrations from one song per button to one song per bank. Banks can be reordered simply by renaming them, and inserting a number in front of the name. Murray Best's YRM program can help with this transition.
-- use a tablet app, like SongBook+ which can call up registrations; you then create playlists in the app
-- upgrade to a keyboard (PSR SX or Genos) which has a playlist feature.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bigbri5050

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 12:30:24 PM »
I'm interested in this question.  In an ideal world I'd have hundreds of registration memories, one for each song.  I wondered if I could update the registration memory, 'on the fly' using a midi code programmer, such as the Behringer, FCB1010 footpedal.  As I have a PSR S670, I'd have to have something like the Kenton, MIDI interface.  Does anybody know if this would work?  I have seen something that suggests you have to switch the registraiton memory to 'external control'.  I assume that while in this state the RM would not be updatable by the player, just used to access the voices.  Does this make sense?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 01:03:14 PM »
I know it doesn't help you, but this is exactly what the Playlist feature on the newer models is for. It decouples your registration files from the grouping and order you want to play them in.
Genos

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 01:46:55 AM »
The Playlist is a bit more powerful version of the Music Finder Directory, but the added features, for me, made it far more cumbersome to use.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...