Author Topic: exporting RGT files to usb drive?  (Read 1757 times)

dougzimmerman

exporting RGT files to usb drive?
« on: May 07, 2022, 02:48:37 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to export RGT files to a thumb drive?  I want to use Murray Best's Registration Manager, but I can't even get started. 
Any help (or directions to a tutorial) would be greatly appreciated!  I have a S770.
TIA.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: exporting RGT files to usb drive?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 02:54:02 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to export RGT files to a thumb drive?  I want to use Murray Best's Registration Manager, but I can't even get started. 
Any help (or directions to a tutorial) would be greatly appreciated!  I have a S770.
TIA.

Copy them.

Use File>Copy, select all the files, copy, navigate to USB, copy here.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

dougzimmerman

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 03:28:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  But, I am still at a loss.  What do I do before "Use File>Copy, select all the files, copy, navigate to USB, copy here."?
I do not know where to find them...I do not know what keyboard buttons to press to get this started. 
Where to I first navigate to?
Thanks in advance.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 04:22:57 PM »
Hi Doug,

First, please read the chapters "File Selection Display Configuration" and "File Management" in the S970 Owner's Manual (from page 26).

To see Registration Bank files, you must first open the Registration Selection display (press the two Regist Bank -/+ buttons at the same time, or press the "J" button in the Main Display).

It is now important that "Menu 2" is on the bottom right. This is the only way you can see commands like COPY and PASTE. (If "Menu 1" is displayed, press the lower button "8" to switch to the other display.)

If you only want to copy a single file, you can select it now (this will load it) and THEN press COPY.

To copy multiple (or ALL) files, or to copy one or more complete folders, FIRST press COPY and THEN select the desired files or folders.

Now press OK to complete the COPY command.

Now go with TAB to the desired target drive (e.g. USB 1) and navigate there to the desired folder (or create a new folder there and then select it to open it).

Now press PASTE to paste the previously copied files/folders at the current position.

Complete. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)