Author Topic: Compressor and Equalizer default presets  (Read 1506 times)

Offline sunny

Compressor and Equalizer default presets
« on: May 07, 2022, 12:28:00 PM »
Friends,

What are the default presets of Compressor and Equalizer of Genos ?

Thanks,
Sunny.

Offline Rick D.

Re: Compressor and Equalizer default presets
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 01:01:37 PM »
Sunny,

They come from the factory with Flat selected.

Try these settings to start with. Bare in mind that each room and speakers will be different. Use this as a starting point and tweak it to your liking.
https://soundpacks.co.uk/blogs/news/eq-settings-for-genos

Rick D.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:04:55 PM by Rick D. »

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 01:31:07 PM »
My only comment about the EQ Gold settings is to do with the 32 Hz value at +12dB :o!! To put things in perspective, a +10dB change represents twice perceived volume by the human ear. So, any frequency that's boosted by 10dB will sound twice as loud. If the 32 Hz setting seems to give better bass to some, I submit they aren't hearing a clearer bass note but are perceiving rumble. There's a huge difference.

The lowest open string on a 5-string bass guitar resonates at 31 Hz. I doubt there is a single sample on the Genos that produces that frequency, although it is possible. Ask any bass guitarist who plays a 5-string, how many times he or she uses the open B string and they'll say virtually never. At best, the 32 Hz setting may offer undertones of the lowest note on the 4 string bass guitar, which resonates at 41 Hz. But there's a problem if you're using the Genos speakers and sub. The Genos subwoofer rolls off very steeply, -10dB at 40 Hz. This means it can barely reproduce the lowest open E note of a 4-string bass guitar musically, much less the open B string. To be fair, the bass drum may be improved by the 32 Hz setting but a bass drum must be felt, not heard.

The 32 Hz setting is highly questionable.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline sunny

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 05:46:38 PM »
 Friends,
   My question is that- What are the Factory default settings for Equalizer and Compressor ?
These are the presets available for Equalizer and Compressor. as i don't remember the factory default settings.

For Equalizer      : Flat,Mellow,Bright,Loudness,Powerful

For Compressor : Natural,Rich,Punchy,Electronic,Loud

Thanks,
Sunny.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 10:38:55 PM »
Sunny,

Mine came thru with Flat and Natural. You would never use these settings, as they are terrible. Use the Gold as a starting point then adjust to your liking.

Rick D.