Author Topic: Arpeggio Function - Suggestions for Usage  (Read 2629 times)

Bunwich

Arpeggio Function - Suggestions for Usage
« on: May 06, 2022, 07:49:50 PM »
 just recently picked up an arranger with the auto Arpeggio feature now found on many of the models.

This is new to me and seems likes it could be interesting if I knew more about how to utilize it.
I'm curious about how other folks incorporate this in their playing.

Thanks!

Offline overover

Re: Arpeggio Function - Suggestions for Usage
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 02:55:44 PM »
just recently picked up an arranger with the auto Arpeggio feature now found on many of the models.

This is new to me and seems likes it could be interesting if I knew more about how to utilize it.
I'm curious about how other folks incorporate this in their playing.

Thanks!

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Bunwich!

I just saw that nobody replied to you on this (your first) post in May 2022.

On YouTube you will find various videos on the subject of Arpeggio/Arpeggiators on Yamaha keyboards, e.g. here:
>>> https://youtu.be/Y1N2E5ceOL0

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 03:45:47 PM »
This demo shows the player has assigned Filter and Resonance.  Two more useful parameters are Arp Gate Time (length of notes) and Arp Velocity (will vary the sound of the Voice somewhat).  A third parameter is Arp Unit Multiply.  This will allow halfing or doubling of the playback. 

Another important features is to vary the number of keys you hold down and/or play a melody with the arp turned on.  We can get many variations from one arp type by experimenting how we "play" the arps.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bunwich

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 12:45:00 PM »
Thanks.  I have learned much more about this feature from these youtubes.  I was pleasantly  surprised  with the multiple keys aspect.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 06:50:22 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, Bunwich!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)