Author Topic: S900 and tyros4 successor !  (Read 2170 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

S900 and tyros4 successor !
« on: May 06, 2022, 03:49:13 AM »
My tyros 4 no longer has ALL replacement parts available
So it is conceivable I can find myself without an instrument to do gigs with
Gigs are my sole income

I’ve had my mind on a replacement - to
Stay ahead of an emerging crisis
Get the replacement BEFORE the tyros becomes obsolete.

For fun, I turned on my S900, which I haven’t touched since the purchase of tyros 12 years ago; and was pleasantly surprised.
Maybe it’s the onboard speakers, “in your face”.
This thread is open ended

I’m either asking about the successor ( now available ) to the mid level S900
Or a less expensive alternative of the Tyros

I am a Musician and do not use the vast majority of the features in the Tyros /Genos.
The cost difference in price between mid tier ( s900 ) and top tier genos, just causes me to reject the genos
Im open to any suggestions

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline ton37

Re: S900 and tyros4 successor !
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 07:33:46 AM »
Hi, @sugarplumsss it's hard to give you advice. Your post lacks a clear description of how you want to use the keyboard and your budget. Your profile says you use it purely as a drum machine. You do indicate that you like a internal speaker. My first reaction would be: A. buy a 2nd Tyros4 (as you are satisfied with that), so you have a spare B. In the PSRe series the 473 is a nice keyboard C. Otherwise there is the SX600 or D. another brand or a specific drummachine?
In other words: you're spoiled for choice! Ultimately, you will make the choice yourself, which keyboard best suits your wishes (practical and technical and financial). Good luck with trying and searching for your keyboard....
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss