Author Topic: Newbie - Drum backing as metronome?  (Read 810 times)

Hearts51

Newbie - Drum backing as metronome?
« on: May 04, 2022, 07:13:18 AM »
Hello all,

I'm a beginner as far as arranger keyboards are concerned and I'm hoping some of my fellow forum members might be able to help me.

As I practice/play various pieces and songs, I'd like to have a chilled drum backing sound as a metronome, instead of the usual tick, bell of a standard metronome etc. Is this possible?

I have a PSR-SX700 and a DGX-670 and would love to have this facility on both if it can be done. If this is a stupid question, please excuse me, it may be that I need some external kit to achieve what I'm after, but these keyboards are so versatile, I might just be struggling to find the correct setting or procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Derek
Edinburgh.  :)

Offline DerekA

Re: Newbie - Drum backing as metronome?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 09:08:41 AM »
Just start a style, with the ACMP button off. This will play only the style drum part. Pick a style that you like, or use the style creator to program your own pattern.

Regards
Another Derek from Edinburgh
Genos

Hearts51

Re: Newbie - Drum backing as metronome?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 10:14:02 AM »
Hello DerekA from Edinburgh!

Thanks for the quick response. How simple was that?!

I've yet to look at the style creator (I'll need to find it first lol), but your initial suggestion is bang-on, thanks again.

I'd watched a few YouTube videos with a guy called Kingsley https://www.youtube.com/c/PianoWithKingsley and he seems to be able to switch on an external drum backing when he's demonstrating some cool chord progressions and it intrigued me.

I appreciate your help Derek.

All the best.