Author Topic: Renaming Registrations  (Read 2114 times)

dxthomas

Renaming Registrations
« on: May 19, 2022, 03:36:58 PM »
Hi,

I just purchased a PSR-E473, and have saved several registrations.  Is there a way to rename them from the default?  I hate to have to keep a cross-reference list.

Thanks,

DT
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 05:50:15 PM by dxthomas »

Offline SciNote

Re: Renaming Registrations
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 04:37:19 AM »
Unfortunately, the PSR-E series keyboards do not have a way to name registrations.  It's just Bank "x", Registration "y".

I find I have a tendency to naturally memorize which bank/registration numbers are what specific sounds, but that could just be the way my mind works.  Once CD's and CD players became affordable in the late 1980's - early 1990's, I found myself naturally mentally identifying songs by track number.

What may help is that, on my E433, I have set the 8 banks for specific genres.  One bank is for 60's rock, another for Vangelis and similar music, another for orchestral sounds, another for Enya, another for rock, another for jazz, and so on.  Then, where applicable, I use a similar pattern for the 4 registrations in a bank.  I use registration 1 for piano or similar sounds, 2 for organ or something similar, 3 for guitar or edgier sounds, and 4 for full-bodied, complex sounds.  Of course, depending on the genre, I may not be able to follow this exactly on each bank, but it gives me a good base to help me remember which buttons to press during a song.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

dxthomas

Re: Renaming Registrations
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 10:30:47 PM »
Thanks!  That saves me a lot of time in research.

Cheers,

DT