Author Topic: Foot pedal Revelation  (Read 1179 times)

Offline tyrosrick

Foot pedal Revelation
« on: February 08, 2023, 10:05:07 PM »
I know Overover had this topic solved a couple years ago, but thought I would FYI it for an other Newbies besides me: I had accidently/unknowingly turned ON the Registration Sequence light. After that I noticed my foot pedals were either dead or acting weird. Then I noticed Overover's thread and turned OFF the Reg Sequencer light and now pedals are back to the normal way. This is just a point of info I thought I'd share.

The following users thanked this post: maartenb

Offline overover

Re: Foot pedal Revelation
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 12:58:40 AM »
Hi Rick,

Yes, as often mentioned, unfortunately you can only activate or deactivate the Registration Sequence function globally, but you CANNOT memorize its settings and its On/Off status to Registrations.

If you want to use the Registration Sequence function, I recommend using only ONE pedal for this: Assign "Regist+" on the Genos to e.g. Pedal 2 and set "Regist-" to OFF. So you can still use pedals 1 and 3 as normal.

By the way, you can also use the [DEC]/[INC] buttons on the Home display or the ASSIGNABLE buttons to step through a Registration Sequence.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: tyrosrick

Offline Stijn

Re: Foot pedal Revelation
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 11:30:03 AM »
Hi Rick ,

I have been using foot switches for 15 years on Tyros and Genos and I am a big fan of Sequences.
At first I used 2 switches, one to go forward an one for the backward action, but then I found out that if you plan your Sequence carefully, you only need the forward action.

That frees up a foot switch and I use that one for other actions like; insert Breaks, Stop, Sync Stop, play MultiPad and a whole list of other actions. I try to avoid moving my left hand over the keyboard to push the MultiPad buttons! A foot switch is a big help here.

And if I need more than 10 registration buttons I can jump to the next registration and continue the sequence. On my sheet music I put red notes for sequence actions like S1, S2... and for left pedal actions I use LP.

I have some clips on YouTube where you can see these sequence actions: https://www.youtube.com/c/StijnBettens/videos

Regards,
Stijn
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 11:43:13 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: tyrosrick