Author Topic: Yamaha Tyros 2 Stuck on "Initializing regist backup"  (Read 6730 times)

Offline Terrum

Yamaha Tyros 2 Stuck on "Initializing regist backup"
« on: May 01, 2022, 01:30:44 AM »
Hi, I got myself a non-working Yamaha Tyros 2 today.

When powering on, it says 'Force Format Mode' for about 10 seconds then goes to 'Initializing regist backup' and sticks there, seemingly permanently.

The two caddies I can access are the hard-drive caddy and the DIMM memory caddy. I took the hard-drive out and it didn't help, and the DIMM memory caddy is empty.

Holding down the right-most white key (C6) when powering on does not change anything - it still insists on forcing this 'format mode'. I tried a different power cable and a different hard-drive just incase that would give it a push in some way, but to no avail.

However, when trying to access the 'Test Program' (by pressing C#2, F2 and G#2 on power up) there is an error:

"Unexpected error! Turn the power off and on again. hisysdwn.c/110 8C5DDFCC/25110342-147"

I already tried upgrading the firmware to the latest (1.31) however this did not solve it.

Can anyone offer some assistance on what I should do to diagnose it? I can open it up and put a multimeter onto points if required.

Many thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 06:00:58 PM by Terrum »

Online Rick D.

Re: Yamaha Tyros 2 Stuck on "Initializing regist backup"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »
Terrum,

Chris is the only one I think, that may be able to help you.
He will see this eventually.

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Terrum

Offline Terrum

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 02:24:57 PM »
Terrum,

Chris is the only one I think, that may be able to help you.
He will see this eventually.

Rick D.
Thanks Rick! I look forward to hearing what help he may be able to give :)

Online Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 04:38:24 PM »
Terrum,

Chris usually answers quickly if he is around. Maybe he is on holiday.

Rick D.

Offline Terrum

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 06:06:49 PM »
Terrum,

Chris usually answers quickly if he is around. Maybe he is on holiday.

Rick D.
No problem, I will wait as long as it takes :) Thanks so much!

Online Rick D.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 08:19:49 PM »
Terrum,

Chris's nickname in the forum is overover. He was last active at 2:00 PM today. He must have missed the post or is thinking. He is very knowledgeable and may have an answer for you. I would private message him.

Rick D.

Offline Terrum

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2022, 01:06:44 PM »
Terrum,

Chris's nickname in the forum is overover. He was last active at 2:00 PM today. He must have missed the post or is thinking. He is very knowledgeable and may have an answer for you. I would private message him.

Rick D.
OK Rick, as long as you believe he won't mind - I will send him a PM :)

Online Rick D.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 02:40:32 PM »
Chris is very helpful to all of us here. I do not think he will mind.

Rick D.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 12:29:35 PM »
You confuse me when you say Dimms memory caddy. As I remember you just flipped the keyboard and removed the cover and Dimms slotted into spaces provided. If I were you I would ring Yamaha service department and let them know what is happening and they will advise.

Offline Terrum

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »
Chris is very helpful to all of us here. I do not think he will mind.

Rick D.
Thank you Rick. I have sent him a message and he responded that he will try to help me as soon as he can :)

You confuse me when you say Dimms memory caddy. As I remember you just flipped the keyboard and removed the cover and Dimms slotted into spaces provided. If I were you I would ring Yamaha service department and let them know what is happening and they will advise.
Sorry for the confusion. You are correct by that I flipped the keyboard and removed the cover, however the DIMM slots are empty. This was just more of a confirmation than anything as I know they are optional. I have already sent a 'fixing & servicing' enquiry a few days ago and waiting for a response back from them :)