Author Topic: Tyros 2 wave files  (Read 2946 times)

milomils41

Tyros 2 wave files
« on: July 29, 2022, 12:36:18 PM »
Hi,

This question has probably been ask before but I have some wave files that I have recorded on other Yamaha keyboards which I want to load onto my Tyros 2 from a USB pen.

The Tyros 2 has a Hard drive

I cannot find any reference to this in the manual other than how to record

Thanks in anticipation
Brian Miles

Offline overover

Re: Tyros 2 wave files
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 04:00:41 PM »
Hi Brian,

You cannot load a Wave file (.wav) directly on the Tyros2, you have to IMPORT it first in order to be able to play it on the T2. (This converts the Wave file to the T2's proprietary internal audio format.)

Please refer to pages 137/138 of the Tyros2 Owners Manual.

By the way, the wave file to be imported must have the following format:
    • 44.1 kHz sampling rate
    • 16-bit resolution
    • stereo

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

milomils41

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 09:48:13 PM »
Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply, I have the wav files in a usb pen but the tyros 2 cannot read them, It just shows an empty folder, so I cannot convert them.
Perhaps I’m missing something, I recall that 12 years ago I had no problem, some were recorded on the psr s900, converted to mp3 files, just recently I converted them back to wave files but as the tyros cannot see them there is obviously something I am not doing correctly
They play perfectly as wave files on the computer.
Best wishes
Brian

Best wishes
Brian

milomils41

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 09:50:52 PM »
Hi again
Should read Import not Convert
Brian

The following users thanked this post: Mike Brotherton

Online johan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 10:07:22 PM »
Pressing HARD DISK RECORDER [SELECT] and then click on "Wave Import" on the "AUDIO screen. If you cannot see the files, I guess they are in the wrong format (see post of overover).
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

milomils41

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 10:22:57 AM »
Hi
Yes, I have already done that but I can’t see the files, although they are definitely wave files, I suppose the only solution is to re-record them on the Tyros

Best wishes
Brian by

shaliat

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 11:19:21 AM »
Hi. I guess you need to take another usb stick and format it on the tyros. Than, use a computer to copy your wave file to the new stick. This should resolve the problem of tyros not able to see the files

milomils41

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 06:40:42 PM »
Hi
The USB stick I used has been formatted on the tyros 2, all my other styles etc including the Genos SFF1 ones recently uploaded from this usb to this site are visible on the tyros, so I don’t reformatting the usb would help but if you think otherwise I will give it a try
Best wishes
Brian

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 08:04:57 PM »
Hi
The USB stick I used has been formatted on the tyros 2, all my other styles etc including the Genos SFF1 ones recently uploaded from this usb to this site are visible on the tyros, so I don’t reformatting the usb would help but if you think otherwise I will give it a try
Best wishes
Brian

Most of us think your problem still is your WAV file is not formatted properly. Improperly formatted files will not be displayed by the keyboard. Read Chris’s response again on the required format. You can convert WAV files using a program like Audacity.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons