Author Topic: Is it possible to disable (Turn Off) Sync/Start button when I select any OTS?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline brucerez

Here is what I did but with no luck:

1- I select a style in User area.
2- Select an OTS.
3- Disable/Turn Off the Sync/Start button.
4- Hit the Memory button and save the same OTS.
5- Save also in the same Style.

But when I try the same style and selecting the same OTS  the Sync/Start button is activated and turn on again.
Is it possible to disable (Turn Off) Sync/Start button when I select any OTS?

Thank you

organgrinder

Just a guess but I think you might try select ots  in user,  deselect sync button, THEN RENAME the current ots THEN select save.
Like I say. Just a guess.  GOOD LUCK
MEL

Offline DerekA

I have a feeling that OTS automatically enables sync start and you can't do anything about that.

From the Genos owner's manual (and same applies to all the arrangers)

"Not only does this instantly call up all the settings (Voices, effects, etc.) that match and are most commonly used with the current Style, it also automatically turns on ACMP and SYNC START, so that you can immediately start playing the Style."

You will need to use registrations if you want to set up style + voices without starting the accompaniment. Not as convenient as OTS to be sure, but it will then do what you want.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 04:36:07 PM by DerekA »
Genos

Offline brucerez

Just a guess but I think you might try select ots  in user,  deselect sync button, THEN RENAME the current ots THEN select save.
Like I say. Just a guess.  GOOD LUCK
MEL
Thank you for your reply.
I would like to try your suggestion but I don't understand what you mean by " try select ots  in user".
My style is already saved in User area with its 4 corresponding OTS, that means, the OTS are saved with each style.

Could you please explain and clarify, I maybe missing something.

Thank you

Offline brucerez

I have a feeling that OTS automatically enables sync start and you can't do anything about that.

From the Genos owner's manual (and same applies to all the arrangers)

"Not only does this instantly call up all the settings (Voices, effects, etc.) that match and are most commonly used with the current Style, it also automatically turns on ACMP and SYNC START, so that you can immediately start playing the Style."

You will need to use registrations if you want to set up style + voices without starting the accompaniment. Not as convenient as OTS to be sure, but it will then do what you want.
Thanks Derek for your reply.
After spending hours and trial I have the same feeling than you. It's a shame.

I like using the 4 OTS with each style and I think personally the style controls like Sync/Start or others should be saved inside each style Not inside the voices (OTS). I do this with my korg arranger and it's very practical.
I hope Yamaha will consider to correct this feature in the future.

Offline DerekA

brucerez, my point was that Yamaha don't need to "correct" this feature.

OTS works like it does, and it does that to be convenient for most people who was to use OTS.

Registrations are the way to get the full flexibility you want, saving anything you like. You could set up a registration with a style where the first 4 slots match the OTS for that style with no sync start.
Genos

organgrinder

You are right. I meant registrations not ots.
MEL

Offline brucerez

brucerez, my point was that Yamaha don't need to "correct" this feature.

OTS works like it does, and it does that to be convenient for most people who was to use OTS.

Registrations are the way to get the full flexibility you want, saving anything you like. You could set up a registration with a style where the first 4 slots match the OTS for that style with no sync start.

I agree that most of the people are to use the OTS that way but what I meant in my previous post is that,
it would be helpful if Yamaha could add an extra option to disable the OTS for other musicians who don't use it that way.

I know the Registration is a powerful feature but in my case I am willing to use it only for having extra voices to OTS.
As you mentioned I can use the Registration instead of OTS but I am not sure if it's technically possible use it this way with each different style for quick accessibility in live performances.

Question:
If I load/select a Style during live performances, does the Registration (1-8) are loaded with it also?

Thank you

Offline DerekA

It's totally the other way round.

You load the registration, which brings the style and voices with it.

Offline brucerez

It's totally the other way round.

You load the registration, which brings the style and voices with it.

It works for me the way that I make my different voices (R1,R2,R3 and LH), rename and save them in a Registration bank.
And then I choose a style and load the registration bank that I want, then I have 8 different voices (sound) that I can use with the same style.
Very powerful tool and flexible.