Author Topic: lyrics  (Read 1382 times)

Offline dinapoli

lyrics
« on: April 30, 2022, 02:06:06 PM »
Is there a way the geno can display song's lyrics without having to go in Menu>Lyrics for each and every song?

If you open a midi song with lyrics in Van Basco you don't need to do any thing, the lyrics appear automatically.  The same with Ketron and Tyros if I recall.

Maybe there is a setting and I am missing it.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: lyrics
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 04:40:30 PM »
Is there a way the geno can display song's lyrics without having to go in Menu>Lyrics for each and every song?

If you open a midi song with lyrics in Van Basco you don't need to do any thing, the lyrics appear automatically.  The same with Ketron and Tyros if I recall.

Maybe there is a setting and I am missing it.

You can assign the task to one of your buttons, then it's only one press.

You can use playlists where you can set them up to have the lyrics displayed automatically.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 08:33:19 PM »
Thank you Fred.
It would work but there is one little problem, I use Registrations if the assigned button is not in the Registration it doesn't work
I have several Registrations for each song I play. I made these Registrations in many years, I didn't think to assign a button now all the Registrations bring the A button to "Eye the tiger"
There must be an easy way without changing all the Registrations.

I don't use song book.

On the good side I have an external display attached to the keyboard it works, somehow I set it up to display only lyrics of a song.  The only problem the display is very large, I would need something small and put it on the keyboard's music stand.

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 09:25:29 PM »
Thank you Fred, I forgot I figured this out a long time ago.
I had a "000" Registration on the keyboard. in this Registration I set all parameter the way I wanted including the display transpose etc.
As long I press this registration first the assigned buttons work as well.

Maybe my memory is not as good but I didn't have to do all this with other keyboards.

Any input from people who own a Tyros?