Author Topic: style files missing  (Read 3280 times)

Offline winternotes

style files missing
« on: April 29, 2022, 03:35:26 AM »
OK: I have been doing this for years and never had a problem on my T4; I have a USB thumb drive with hundreds of style files. I checked it on my PC and all the files are there. I must be doing something wrong on the T4.
I go to the drive and select "style files" It goes to an  Alphabetical directory. I select '"H' for instance. When I go there, there are no listings.????? Only something at the bottom that says P1
Having fun in retirement

Online Fred Smith

Re: style files missing
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 04:09:26 AM »
I go to the drive and select "style files"

How do you "go to the drive"?

You must "go to the drive" through the styles (D) button. Once the keyboard knows you're looking for styles, it will display them.

The keyboard filters out files that don't meet your selection criteria. If you "go to the drive" from the Song button, for example, the keyboard displays only song files, and if there are none, exhibits the behavior you are experiencing.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline winternotes

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 04:50:03 AM »
I have always accessed the drive by pushing the registration bank two buttons simultaneously. A complete menu comes up showing everything on the thumb drive. Styles happens to be near button "A",   Songs is button E. I select "A" a menu comes up with choices to select the style file from. (Carl, Bryon, Gigs, etc. No matter which one I select, An  Alphabetical directory comes up. like A - AL, OR TH -TO, ETC. When I choose one, no styles show up. This has never happened before.
Having fun in retirement

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 07:54:07 AM »
Winternotes,

It’s been awhile since I had a Tyros 4, but I believe  Fred is correct. You have to select Styles first then navigate to the USB drive that contains your Style files.
By pressing both Registration buttons together at the same time you accessing your Registration files, not Style files.

Rick D.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 11:41:12 AM »
You are asking the keyboard to show you registrations. You Must first press button "D" and then tab to USB and then you will see your styles. It has always worked this way on all Tyros keyboards.
If you press  button "A" it will show Midi songs.

Offline winternotes

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 01:58:14 PM »
OK: Thank you .In all the years,  I have never accessed these files in this manner. This morning, I did first press "D". Then , the menu went to the place that it always goes to and eventually the files appeared. Also, I have never used midi files. For some reason, I decided to use midi files for a few songs with our band. It just confused everything going back and forth. I will stick with the style files as we as a band can not take a chance not being able to access files that we need at the time.
Thanks again to  this forum. I think that your advise "SHOCKED" this keyboard to the fact that it is mechanical and IT CAN BE BEATEN !!
Having fun in retirement

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 03:55:46 PM »
Keep in mind that your arranger keyboard is just like a PC - it will only do what YOU tell it to do - nothing more, nothing less.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 04:02:21 PM »
In all the years,  I have never accessed these files in this manner.

Not possible.

As I've said before, you'll find your problems a lot easier to solve when you realize they're from operator error, not keyboard error.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Arnak

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »
Hi Winternotes,

I hope you have those files on a PC or backed up somewhere else as USB drives are notorious for failing!

Remember, if you don't have everything backed up you risk losing everything... 8-((

Martin