Author Topic: music finder  (Read 4134 times)

Offline lenzieman

music finder
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:09:50 PM »
HELP!!  Switched on my ole T4 - all my music finder settings gone and the music finder back to factory presets....any suggestions, guys? Thank you.

Offline overover

Re: music finder
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 08:31:41 PM »
Hi lenzieman,

Did you create your own Music Finder records or did you just load a standard Music Finder file?

Basically, the current Music Finder status only exists in the internal flash memory (which also contains the User drive and the user-defined system settings). If you make changes to the current Music Finder content (e.g. adding, changing or deleting certain records), the current Music Finder content must be explicitly saved manually as a FILE. Otherwise, even after loading another Music Finder file (e.g. as a test), it would not be possible to return to the previous status.

If you have saved a Music Finder file (.mfd) with the previous status (e.g. in the User drive, on the internal hard disk or on a USB stick), you only need to reload this file (using "REPLACE" to replace old records by the records of the new file).

If it was a standard Music Finder file, you can simply download it again from Yamaha if necessary. However, if you have created your own records, but have not saved "your" Music Finder as a file, you will unfortunately not be able to return to this status.

P.S.
I recommend to save the current Music Finder status not only in the User drive (but also on the internal hard disk and/or on a USB stick). The reason for this is that in the event of an internal error, the internal flash memory could be accidentally erased/reformatted.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 08:50:07 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline lenzieman

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 08:50:19 AM »
Thank you for that comprehensive reply, Chris. I am currently reloading my settings.How do I save them to a USB and what size would I need as I have about 200 to save. There are very few of the factory presets I use. Unfortunately, I'm not as savvy as you and the other guys. Thank you again for your time and trouble.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 05:42:17 PM »
Music Finder files are very small and only contain links to the styles that are used.

The following users thanked this post: lenzieman

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 06:22:23 PM »
Save the MFD to USB drive by pressing Funtion/Utility/System Reset/Music Finder Files/tab to USB and select save, then provide the music finder file with a new name, such as Music Finger 2021.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 07:20:30 PM »
Hi lenzieman,

in addition to the information about the Music Finder function in the T4 Owners Manual (pages 66 - 71), please also read the chapter 5 "Music Finder" in the T4 Reference Manual (pages 80 - 83).

To save the current Music Finder state do as described on page 83 of the T4 Reference Manual:

The Music Finder feature handles all the Records including the presets and additionally created records as a single file.
    Keep in mind that individual records (panel settings and song data) cannot be handled as separate files.

1 Call up the Save display.
    [MUSIC FINDER] >  [7] FILES

2 Press the TAB [<][>] buttons to select the location for saving (USER/HD/USB).

3 Press the [6 ▼] (SAVE) button to save the file.
    All records are saved together as a single file.

If you don't have the T4 Reference Manual, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=tyros4

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline lenzieman

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 02:06:10 PM »
I have just re-read this post. after several months. only to dicover there were further helpful suggestions. My apologies to Gary and Chris. A belated thank you. guys. for your trouble.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 06:35:26 PM »
I have just re-read this post. after several months. only to dicover there were further helpful suggestions. My apologies to Gary and Chris. A belated thank you. guys. for your trouble.

You're welcome, lenzieman! Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Chris