Author Topic: New Genos Styles  (Read 3009 times)

Mike2

New Genos Styles
« on: April 28, 2022, 10:55:29 PM »
I am a very big supporter of new styles created for different songs and music.  I think being a self-taught musician with keyboards has given me an appreciation for new styles.  These open up my abilities to play certain songs, in different song categories. I look back on my 25 yrs. of keyboard playing, and how styles have changed my enjoyment for playing. Some of you are maybe Organist, where you can do all your accompiment by yourself.  Not the case for we, style lovers. Any import or suggestions  for new Genos styles for the future?

Offline Toril S

Re: New Genos Styles
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 11:06:11 PM »
There are litterally thousands on the PSR Tutorial main site. Yes, the joy of finding a good style is superb! What would we do without them? :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 09:44:07 AM »
I think the problem with generic styles is they work differently dependent of model,So if you use a genos using old styles they aren`t as good as genos styles.That said if you revoice them change eq and tinker you can get some great stuff. I see the next generation using live vocals,drums guitars etc.
Lets see if Yamaha obliges.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
I use lots of dedicated styles converted over the years from different keyboards. All sound great on Genos. Yamaha Music soft have lots of new styles also.

tyrosman

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 11:17:41 PM »
I use lots of dedicated styles converted over the years from different keyboards. All sound great on Genos. Yamaha Music soft have lots of new styles also.
ive not seen any New ones from musicsoft Eileen

Mike2

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 11:05:24 AM »
I have not either.  I purchased one, and it was disguised under another name. I already had that style. Many of these are from earlier models like the T-2, 3, 4 and 5.

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 02:32:20 PM »
Many years ago I made my own styles only to find out that my "creations" were already done by others and theirs sounded much better!

Trying to find that "GREAT" elusive styles?

Sometimes I find myself going over styles for hrs. just to find out the ones I picked I chose them before... many times!

I have some "songs" styles, with those I found that the Intro is like the original song after the Intro I like better a Genos style for the rest of the song.

Just by changing, the volume, speed, instrumentation to a style you can do a lot to come up with a "new" style.  I start by changing the drums.

A few times I bought a new keyboard because in the publicity the company featured a "great" style I wanted.  After purchase I couldn't use that great style for none of my songs!

Styles are great to come up with a different version of the song.

Online ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 09:40:44 AM »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Mike2

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 11:07:09 AM »
Those demo's sound great.  Are the styles high quality?

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 08:09:49 PM »
Mike,

I learn to create my own custom styles. After doing this for learning, now I create styles for business (you can hear and see the quality).

Take a look at www.styles4k.com. They are specific song-styles, as you can see in the Styles4K YouTube Channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3WF2gI7tr4jCqu95Q8c3rg

Or in my channel, when I use my styles for full live covers:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaoJGhYdEeW2D29wosh4bFg

I can create a specific style, if you need and want to, we may just combine a fair fee.

Regards from Brazil,
Pedro Eleuterio