Author Topic: Slider window as default REVISITED  (Read 1016 times)

Slider window as default REVISITED
« on: April 27, 2022, 08:29:36 PM »
Hi all,

In August of 2021, I posted an issue with the Knob Assign and Slider Assign windows after the 2.02 update. Prior to the update, the default window on start up was the Slider assign window and now it's the Knob assign window. I have tried EVERYTHING to stop this dumb behavior. My only work around is to start the Genos > Select the Slider window > Press Freeze. The problem is, I do a lot of B3 playing and for those I would have to turn off the Freeze function, cycle through the Slider window to call up the Flute sliders, and then carry on. Meanwhile, we have a room full of people trying to give each other Covid while they wait for me to overcome Yamaha's moronic error!

Before 2.02, I could save the slider window as part of any registration. I've tried resaving registrations but the stupid Knob window slips in there all the time unless I press Freeze.

Other than being very confusing, this is a major PITA! And people wonder why a lot of us hesitate to download updates :o!!!!!!!!! Ideas?

Edit
Okay, I discovered that if I save the registrations with Live Control disabled, the problem goes away. However, this means I now have to go through over 300 registration banks and check each one. Even with Murray's program, it will take hours. Thanks Yamaha >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 08:34:58 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Joe H

Re: Slider window as default REVISITED
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 11:57:13 PM »
Lee,

Isn't there a batch process on Murray's program?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Re: Slider window as default REVISITED
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:56:07 AM »
Hi Joe,

Yes there is, but I ran into some errors with Murray's program. He is helping me out with it now. Apparently, my problem has something to do with the 2.02 update. The Yamaha engineers got fancy with the Live Control tool, which backfired on registrations like mine.

We really need the ability to roll back an update that sucks!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.