Author Topic: SX900 accessories – stand, expression and sustain pedal  (Read 9285 times)

Offline Jeff_M

Re: SX900 accessories – stand, expression and sustain pedal
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2022, 02:31:44 AM »
Don't feel bad about not being able to try before you buy; I haven't been able to do much of that here.  I tried out my first two Yamaha keyboards at the local music store (where I eventually bought them) but was unable to do that with the SX900 which I ended up buying online.  I was also unable to try out the two stools; not sure I would have bought either one if I had.  I guess if you have the opportunity to have one custom made, why not go for it?!! 

The following users thanked this post: Lije Baley

Offline Lije Baley

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2022, 04:37:11 PM »
Don't feel bad about not being able to try before you buy; I haven't been able to do much of that here.  I tried out my first two Yamaha keyboards at the local music store (where I eventually bought them) but was unable to do that with the SX900 which I ended up buying online.  I was also unable to try out the two stools; not sure I would have bought either one if I had.  I guess if you have the opportunity to have one custom made, why not go for it?!!

Hi Jeff! Thanks for the reply!

You are right – those who say that online stores are killing physical stores can eat their words because when you actually go to a store, they rarely have something you’d like to see and try or it’s reserved for a customer and can’t be touched. They’re mere order-takers, not dealers. Yet, you’re expected to shell out and then wait for the thing to arrive. You might as well order online – it’s less hassle and is often cheaper.

I will see if I can have someone make a seat for me – with a back rest! People can laugh but working eight hours a day (and usually a lot longer) has not been kind to my back so I might as well have a seat that’ll remind me less of work and more of the music we’re all here for.

Cheers!
Antun

Offline Enildo

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2022, 10:06:08 PM »
Hi Enildo!

The FC-5 does look nice and compact! It's also a lot cheaper than the FC-4A (35€ vs 80€). I assume you're using the vocal harmony a lot. That's why you have one pedal assigned to it, right?

That's the thing that fascinates me so much about this instrument - everything is "adjustable"!

Cheers,
Antun

Hello Antun!

That's right!
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2022, 11:29:04 PM »
I went to my music store to see if they had a stool with back rest called QuickLock or something like that. Yes, they had it, but it was now placed in the basement. One of the guys fetched it for me. He came up the stairs puffing and breathing hard, and said to me: "You don't want this monster, it will kill you." Point is, such stools are made to be comfortable, and they are sturdy, but heavy as h....So I bought a light folding chair to use on gigs, and at home I use an office chair that can be adjusted any way I like. But I have the keyboard in my hobby room, if you have it in a living room maybe an office chair is not what you want. I love that the guy in the music store was honest about that chair, in addition to being heavy it was not so easy to set up. I love sinplicity :) But MUST have a back rest!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Lije Baley

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2022, 04:11:16 PM »
Hello Antun!

That's right!

Hi Enildo!

May I ask which microphone are you using?

Cheers,
Antun

Offline Lije Baley

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2022, 04:23:01 PM »
I went to my music store to see if they had a stool with back rest called QuickLock or something like that. Yes, they had it, but it was now placed in the basement. One of the guys fetched it for me. He came up the stairs puffing and breathing hard, and said to me: "You don't want this monster, it will kill you." Point is, such stools are made to be comfortable, and they are sturdy, but heavy as h....So I bought a light folding chair to use on gigs, and at home I use an office chair that can be adjusted any way I like. But I have the keyboard in my hobby room, if you have it in a living room maybe an office chair is not what you want. I love that the guy in the music store was honest about that chair, in addition to being heavy it was not so easy to set up. I love sinplicity :) But MUST have a back rest!

Hi Toril!

Well, at least the guy was honest! After all, what use is a piece of gear if it takes a bulldozer to move it, or at least, Arnold Schwarzenegger? 😊

Cheers!
Antun

Offline Enildo

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2022, 05:17:54 PM »
Hi Enildo!

May I ask which microphone are you using?

Cheers,
Antun

I use a Shure beta 58A
When word fail, Music speaks!