Author Topic: Look for a style to play "The War of the Worlds"  (Read 935 times)

Offline DaPaleRider

Look for a style to play "The War of the Worlds"
« on: April 26, 2022, 02:56:10 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find the style of the song "The War of the Worlds" from Jeff Wayne's?
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline andyg

Re: Look for a style to play "The War of the Worlds"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:02:29 PM »
If you mean the opening number 'Eve of the War', I used to play this in concert on Tyros 5.

I just used one of the preset Disco styles. I forget which one, and I can't access those registrations now. OK, it's not an exact recreation of the original backing (which Jeff Wayne changed a few times anyway!) but that's not really the point. YOU become the arranger when you have an arranger keyboard, so you dig in, revoice and rebalance the style on a registration by registration basis. In any case, it's what you do as a player that will make or break the piece, not what the style does. I remember doing double keysplits, holding notes using the Sostenuto function, creating a few custom MultiPads etc. It took a lot of time to do, just for a few minutes in concert - as did the other pieces like 'The Heat Ray' and 'The Red Weed' - but ultimately worth it and the audiences seemed to enjoy it too! :)

I hope you have as much fun working with it as I did!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline DaPaleRider

Re: Look for a style to play "The War of the Worlds"
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 01:22:45 PM »
thanks for the very detailed answer and the way you play the song. I'm going with it.
On your website I see you made some impressive things. Thank you to make it available for download.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro