Author Topic: How to save Intro, main Variation into a style?  (Read 1821 times)

Offline brucerez

How to save Intro, main Variation into a style?
« on: April 23, 2022, 09:00:51 PM »
Hi,
I am just starting learning my new keyboard and I hope to get some answer or advice.

Q1:
I know that the OTS's (one touch setting) are saved with each style but
is it possible also to save the style element (ex; Intros, Variations A-B, etc...) with a style and recall them by selecting a style without using Registration or Playlist?

Q2:
Is it possible to have loaded automatically the first OTS 1 (number 1) when selecting a style, without needing clicking a second time on OTS 1 to load it?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 06:41:10 AM by brucerez »

Offline EileenL

Re: How to save Intro, main Variation into a style?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »
Just put the OTS link on and if variation one is selected when starting your song it will choose the right OTS.

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 01:50:25 PM »
When you select a style you also have to select the style part - which variation etc. As you say, you can store your selection in a Registration, but otherwise you need to select it. It’s not usually a problem as you can do this before you start playing.
Mike

Offline brucerez

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 12:09:02 AM »
When you select a style you also have to select the style part - which variation etc. As you say, you can store your selection in a Registration, but otherwise you need to select it. It’s not usually a problem as you can do this before you start playing.
Mike
Thank you for your reply.

I am gigging for now with my korg Pa4X and at the same time learning my new Yamaha keyboard.
I am aware that they are different in OS and design but all I need for now is to get an answer to my question below:

Can I save only my voices (ex; Piano, Flute, Guitar,etc...) into OTS and Registration all together into a style?
That way when I select a style all OTS and Registration voices are recalled and start playing.

Thank you

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 12:46:09 AM »
Your question is confusing. You can save your own choice of OTS into a Style. You can save a style and voices into a registration. You don’t save a registration in a style.
Once you save your chosen OTS into a style, the OTS voices will be there when you select that style or call it up in a registration. You can also save voices in your registrations in addition to those voices automatically called up in the style OTS.
Have you just tried doing this? The best way to understand is to just to do it. Save a new OTS in a style then save the style in a registration.
Mike

Offline brucerez

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 02:06:04 AM »
Your question is confusing. You can save your own choice of OTS into a Style. You can save a style and voices into a registration. You don’t save a registration in a style.
Once you save your chosen OTS into a style, the OTS voices will be there when you select that style or call it up in a registration. You can also save voices in your registrations in addition to those voices automatically called up in the style OTS.
Have you just tried doing this? The best way to understand is to just to do it. Save a new OTS in a style then save the style in a registration.
Mike
Sorry to confuse you.
Coming from Korg's habit.. :) so regarding Yamaha PSR keys I am still in the learning curve step... :)
You can also save voices in your registrations in addition to those voices automatically called up in the style OTS.
This is exactly what i was looking for.
I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Thank you

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 05:12:44 AM »
Can I save only my voices (ex; Piano, Flute, Guitar,etc...) into OTS and Registration all together into a style?
That way when I select a style all OTS and Registration voices are recalled and start playing.

The other way around. Save the style (and everything else) into a registration. Then don’t use OTS.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline andyg

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 08:41:11 AM »
Amen to what Fred just said. Proper use of registrations is the single most powerful feature at your disposal. Yes, you have to work at it a little as opposed to using OTS, Music Finder etc, but you have total control of what you're doing. It's the very first thing I teach students as soon as they get a keyboard or organ that has the feature. We spend some time on it until it becomes second nature. Time well spent! :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline brucerez

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 06:33:50 PM »
Thank you Fred Smith & andyg for your replies.

Now i have another question.
How Can I disable (Turn Off) Sync/Start button when I select any OTS?

Here is what I did but with no luck:
I select a style in user area, hit the any OTS, disable the Sync/Start button, hit Memory button, save/hit the same OTS and then save also in the same Style.
But when I try it and hitting the any OTS  the Sync/Start button is activated and turn on again.
Am I missing a step?

Thank you