Author Topic: Genos troubles, how to do a soft reset.  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Pianoman

Genos troubles, how to do a soft reset.
« on: April 23, 2022, 04:53:48 AM »
This may sound like a silly question coming this late into the Genos's lifetime, and which has probably been addressed countless times before. How do I do a soft reset that will not erase my registrations as well as my user styles.

I am experiencing the same issues with my Genos that I previously experienced with my Tyros before it turned into a useless piece of junk enclosed in an expensive flight case.
The B and F keys sustaining (holding)the sound indefinitely, and the chord recognition going haywire, and touch sensitivity malfunction on those 2 keys across the board.

After powering off, then on..several times, things came back to normal again. I'd like to try a soft reset before calling Yamaha Spain to inquire about a new motherboard.

There's a 9 to 12 week waiting period at Thomann for a new  Genos if it were to come down to that.

In the Tyros I did a hard reset but all it did was wipe out everything. It turned out that the problem was the motherboard itself and nothing could fix it except a new motherboard. There was a guy in Brazil who was selling one for 600 Euros, but the risk of being scammed was too great, and the Tyros had already served me well for 9 years. so I bought a Genos instead 3 years ago.

I don't want to believe that the motherboard is dying this  soon but I guess it's a possibility.

All suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:04:38 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos troubles, how to do a soft reset.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 05:18:25 AM »
Power on while holding down the top white key. This won’t affect any user files.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Pianoman

Re: Genos troubles, how to do a soft reset.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 12:02:30 PM »
Thank you Fred.

I'll give it a shot straight away. I had written that I bought my Genos 4 years ago but in fact I bought it in March 2019, which makes it 3 years old. I've corrected that in my original post.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:07:24 PM by Pianoman »