Author Topic: Tyros 5 reset ?  (Read 1807 times)

Ty5guy

Tyros 5 reset ?
« on: April 22, 2022, 10:02:53 PM »
Many times after playing for several minutes and calling up a half dozen styles and songs, my Tyros becomes "confused". The volume  of  the voices are muted,  and the voices themselves are seriously distorted and unplayable. I have to turn  off the keyboard and restart it to clear away these problems. My question: it there a way to "reset" the keyboard other than turning it off completely ?

tyros guy...

Offline Toril S

Re: Tyros 5 reset ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »
This sounds strange! Are you using registrations? It has happened to me a couple of times. Then it was a style that "confused" the keyboard. You can make a soft reset of the keyboard by holding down the rightmost white key while powering on, but yes, you must turn it off first. I don't know of any other method of resetting without turning it off, but maybe others do.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Tyros 5 reset ?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 02:07:11 AM »
Rather than masking the probity, you be better off yo gibs the culprit which is confusing your keyboard.

It won’t be a registration, but can be a bad user style or midi file. Spend your time investigating those and solve your problem  permanently.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons