Author Topic: Storing MIDI Options…  (Read 1134 times)

SMalinowski

Storing MIDI Options…
« on: April 13, 2022, 01:44:53 PM »
I managed to get my MIDI Guitar hooked up to drive my PSR700.

This required me to go to the MIDI Menu on the PSR & change the appropriate MIDI Receive Channels from the default “Song” to “Left”. I save the configuration to Registration Memory & am able to jump between my different Registrations with no problem…..until I power down the unit. After re-powering up the Registration Memory for my MIDI Configuration returns to the default “Song” settings. All other Registrations still operate properly.

Searched thru all the PSR Manuals, Googled, etc without any success. I have a help request into Yamaha but haven’t received any answer.

Anyone here know the answer?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Storing MIDI Options…
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 03:16:31 PM »
I managed to get my MIDI Guitar hooked up to drive my PSR700.

This required me to go to the MIDI Menu on the PSR & change the appropriate MIDI Receive Channels from the default “Song” to “Left”. I save the configuration to Registration Memory & am able to jump between my different Registrations with no problem…..until I power down the unit. After re-powering up the Registration Memory for my MIDI Configuration returns to the default “Song” settings. All other Registrations still operate properly.

Searched thru all the PSR Manuals, Googled, etc without any success. I have a help request into Yamaha but haven’t received any answer.

Anyone here know the answer?

Thanks in advance!

You store midi configurations separately from registrations. There's a Save button on the midi configuration screen where you can store your own User configurations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

SMalinowski

Re: Storing MIDI Options…
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 05:25:05 PM »
It works!